Will the Canucks sign pending free agent Alex Kerfoot? (A: No.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Ill throw my backing behind Jimmy on this one. I just dont see an NHL future for Kerfoot. I wouldnt mind him signing with the Canucks because of a free player and organizational depth but I have little to no confidence in him

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Sportsnet reporting that 'decision day' for Kerfoot is tomorrow....Rangers are in the mix.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
it be nice to get him, but if not, no big deal. At best a 3rd line player, and I am talking "at best"

Aug 3, 2005
Vancouver & OK Falls
Sportsnet reporting that 'decision day' for Kerfoot is tomorrow....Rangers are in the mix.

With his buddy and former Harvard teammate Vesey on the Rangers, and Manhattan the preferred
destination for future businessmen on the make, I'd say the Blueshirts have the inside track.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
With his buddy and former Harvard teammate Vesey on the Rangers, and Manhattan the preferred
destination for future businessmen on the make, I'd say the Blueshirts have the inside track.

He can take Jensen's place in Hartford. He won't be playing with Vesey just yet.

lawrence

May 19, 2012

businessman or stock broker? huge difference. Rangers just drafted 2 centermans this year, with both their 1st rounders, so its not any easier.

groov2

Apr 11, 2014
Vancouver
He built an NHL size rink in his basement of his Whistler house, I believe. The city of Whistler tried to blackmail him into building a community rink; however he had the money to tell them to go screw themselves. They had no grounds to refuse his plans; and you can't bully billionaires. I probably have some of the details wrong, but I am pretty sure thats basically what happened

Edit: from off the web ....
#1. What does it take to be the Most Expensive home in Whistler? If you said a NHL size hockey rink with seating for over 100 of your closest friends you would have guessed right! This 1 level property spread across 500 ft. of waterfront is a spectacular modern creation in property development today. 2177 Lake Placid Rd is owned by Greg Kerfoot, the owner of the Vancouver Whitecaps soccer team. Greg is the CEO of Crystal Decisions and Seagate Software and his Whistler property has just added to his collection of prestige properties in BC. The property has been assessed with a value of $13,900,000! With a living area of 15,000 sq. ft this home is not short of space. The property is separated in a space age pod setup which is very cutting edge! I guess thats what it takes to be Whistler’s Most Expensive Property.

Just to clarify for people: it is not NHL sized. It is a mini rink made for 3 on 3 and it is its own building. He hosts two 3 on 3 tournaments a year with his buddies. It's a lot of fun. There is no seating around the rink, but a viewing area for the team who is not playing. It is definitely a very cool place.

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
Just to clarify for people: it is not NHL sized. It is a mini rink made for 3 on 3 and it is its own building. He hosts two 3 on 3 tournaments a year with his buddies. It's a lot of fun. There is no seating around the rink, but a viewing area for the team who is not playing. It is definitely a very cool place.

However, the "viewing area" is more like a high end lounge, with big comfy leather seats and wall to ceiling glass. And there is standing room around the rink... And when he built it, the kids were small enough to play more than 3 on 3, so don't think of it exactly like a mini rink, more like a small rink. It has score board, clocks, etc.- a REALLY awesome place to grow up playing and practicing.

Lucky kids, but to be disparaging of their opportunity bothers me to no end. The boy took advantage of his opportunity and became a skilled player. Pretty darn cool if you ask me.

The fact is, the rink is in Whistler and they lived in West Van, playing hockey and going to school all fall, winter and spring, so I don't know exactly how much time they spent actually staying in Whistler practicing etc..

groov2

Apr 11, 2014
Vancouver
However, the "viewing area" is more like a high end lounge, with big comfy leather seats and wall to ceiling glass. And there is standing room around the rink... And when he built it, the kids were small enough to play more than 3 on 3, so don't think of it exactly like a mini rink, more like a small rink. It has score board, clocks, etc.- a REALLY awesome place to grow up playing and practicing.

Lucky kids, but to be disparaging of their opportunity bothers me to no end. The boy took advantage of his opportunity and became a skilled player. Pretty darn cool if you ask me.

The fact is, the rink is in Whistler and they lived in West Van, playing hockey and going to school all fall, winter and spring, so I don't know exactly how much time they spent actually staying in Whistler practicing etc..

Oh I don't deny how nice it is; it's awesome.

Last edited:

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
So it seems that Rangers media and fans think Kerfoot has a chance of making the Rangers opening night. Am I underrating this guy or do the Rangers have worse depth?

Aug 3, 2005
Vancouver & OK Falls
So it seems that Rangers media and fans think Kerfoot has a chance of making the Rangers opening night. Am I underrating this guy or do the Rangers have worse depth?

That's got to be delusional. A small Ivy League guy in an NHL lineup on opening night?
I guess he *could* be that good, or it could be a stunt of some kind. Or a promise for
getting him signed. But in a rational world, that's all very unlikely IMO.

The Sharks rumour gave me a chuckle, since nearby Stanford is "the Harvard of the West,"
as everyone in Cambridge and Palo Alto has heard. It's a great place to live, and an easy flight
to Vancouver, as I know very well with a close relative living there.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014

Ha..ha....I don't care what the Rags front office is saying, AV will be the judge on whether a kid like Kerfoot is in the opening night roster.....and he didn't survive this long coaching in the NHL by gifting roster spots to rookie centers.

lawrence

May 19, 2012

was wondering the same thing myself.

J.T. Miller age 23 Kevin Hayes age 24 and Mika Zibanejad, age 24 are their 3 highest scoring centres. So ok, maybe he starts as a winger? is he currently any better then the wingers Rangers have?

Latest rumor is he is down to five teams with the Rangers and Sharks being the top two.

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2017...ive-teams.html

is "Gavin Lee" reliable?

LOL on the Islanders being a spot. don't think any team is dumb enough to offer a one way deal.

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
was wondering the same thing myself.

J.T. Miller age 23 Kevin Hayes age 24 and Mika Zibanejad, age 24 are their 3 highest scoring centres. So ok, maybe he starts as a winger? is he currently any better then the wingers Rangers have?

is "Gavin Lee" reliable?

LOL on the Islanders being a spot. don't think any team is dumb enough to offer a one way deal.

Teams can't.

It's an ELC. All ELCs are two way deals.

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010

Its baseless hype... just like 'nucks way always seem to praise Benning or how they want Sedins to be 3rd liners, etc.

You have fans who always hype up prospects a lot more than they deserve. I.e. A lot of fans even in this board believe Virtanen could/should make the team next year but based on his play last year, you got to wonder if its even fair for him to get a top 6 spot in Utica (tho since Utica is for development and Virtanen is such a high pick, he should get a top 6 spot next year even if it isn't deserved).

Based on most reports/rumors/speculation so far, it seems like we are still in the mix (proving pre-FA rumor aka dailyhive inaccurate) but NYR will likely sign him. They only have 10x 1 way contracts signed for next season, 2 more ELC likely to make the team (forwards not D). Vesey was his line-mate i believe and there really isn't too many prospects challenging him for the 13th forward spot.

groov2

Apr 11, 2014
Vancouver
I've been told it's the Sharks, but I can't guarantee that I'm right!

Edit: Nope!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad