Will the Buffalo Sabres score more then 201 goals?

Will the Sabres score more then 201 goals?

• Total voters

sandybridge

Welcome Taylor
Jun 24, 2018
OK, I know it's kind of bone-headed, and I'll likely be way off by the end of the season, but let me make some quick predictions of goal totals:

Skinner 38
Reinhart 32
Eichel 28
Berglund 25
Okposo 22
Mittelstadt 18
Ristolainen 15
Sheary 15
Rodrigues 12
Girgensons 10
Asplund 10

Everyone else will be in single digits

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
OK, I know it's kind of bone-headed, and I'll likely be way off by the end of the season, but let me make some quick predictions of goal totals:

Skinner 38
Reinhart 32
Eichel 28
Berglund 25
Okposo 22
Mittelstadt 18
Ristolainen 15
Sheary 15
Rodrigues 12
Girgensons 10
Asplund 10

For those playing along at home, that's ~225 for 11 players. Single digits for 10-15 more skaters would likely put them north of 250 total (my interpretation of the post). Regardless, @sandybridge is taking the over...

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
My pre training camp prediction. Will definitely change prior to puck drop

Skinner 33
Eichel 30
Reinhart 23
Sheary 20
Mittelstadt 18
Berglund 17
Okposo 14
Pominville 13
Erod 11
Dahlin 10
Sobotka 9
Risto 8

The rest are under 8. A little under 200 goals from our top 2 D + top 10 forwards. I predicted 225 give or take 10 so 215-235 with call ups and rest of roster included is reasonable.

Reactions: KevinC

sandybridge

Welcome Taylor
Jun 24, 2018
For those playing along at home, that's ~225 for 11 players. Single digits for 10-15 more skaters would likely put them north of 250 total (my interpretation of the post). Regardless, @sandybridge is taking the over...

Maybe optimistic. Although if you look at it individually, all of these are well within reach of each player, given their past history and capabilities. It seems that it's just a matter of getting a good culture going in the locker room, and have a few players catch hot streaks during the season. 250 would not be out of the question.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I think several guys have big offensive years injuries pending. I think bergs chips in 20+, eichel has a career year, mitts has at least a 20-30 year, reinhart at least a 25-25 year....bottom 6 may be devoid of offense but I'm hoping for them to simply ease the loss of what ror brought. Erod might make or break some people's guesses. Several people see a 20 goal scorer in a fulltime role...not sure I agree but I won't hope against it...

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Skinner 38
Reinhart 32
Eichel 28
Berglund 25

Okposo 22
Mittelstadt 18
Ristolainen 15
Sheary 15
Rodrigues 12
Girgensons 10
Asplund 10

I would be surprised if you saw Skinner and Berglund come here and set new career marks for goals scored.

I also doubt Risto sets a career high in goals.

If Eichel can stay healthy, I think 30 goals isn't out of the question.

32 goals is a bit high for my expected output for Reinhart.

And I will be extremely disappointed if Sheary only gets 15 goals.

I'd probably go with these changes:

Skinner 30
Reinhart 27
Eichel 30
Berglund 20
Ristolainen 9
Sheary 21

sandybridge

Welcome Taylor
Jun 24, 2018
I would be surprised if you saw Skinner and Berglund come here and set new career marks for goals scored.

I also doubt Risto sets a career high in goals.

If Eichel can stay healthy, I think 30 goals isn't out of the question.

32 goals is a bit high for my expected output for Reinhart.

And I will be extremely disappointed if Sheary only gets 15 goals.

I'd probably go with these changes:

Skinner 30
Reinhart 27
Eichel 30
Berglund 20
Ristolainen 9
Sheary 21

Good points.

For Sheary, it seems that at least some of his success was tied to playing with the likes of Crosby / Guenzel. While I don't see a huge drop from his production, but I don't think we can consistently expect that his production to be the same as in his Pitts days. He's also likely to play with either a rookie or Berglund (now with Skinner at 1LW), so it's definitely not the same as playing on Crosby's wing.

For Risto, I see that it's really the first time in his career that he is not relied on as THE guy on the backend, which could free him up to do some more opportunistic plays. 15 is a bit optimistic, but I definitely see a career year for him, who should be nearing his prime now.

For Skinner, 38 is really only one off from his career high. Given that he has played most of his career through Carolina's dark days, where there were few offensive options outside of him among the forward ranks, he should have less pressure than before. He will also likely to be getting significantly better linemates Eichel/Reinhart, so I think slightly over his career high is a completely reasonable prediction.

For Berglund, he really hasn't played much top-6 in the last few years. And his career high of 23 was actually just over a year ago, and if he has some 6-six minutes + a regular PP slot, it should be well within reach for 25; especially if he ends up on the wing of either Eichel or Mitts. He has scored 20 goals multiple times, and was on pace for 30 in the lockout shortened season.

For Reinhart, I am hoping that he is ready to take the next step forward, and maybe even pick up some slack for handiwork around the net. With the increased offensive depth this team has now (bottom six isn't a complete void), this should be doable.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Sabres end the season with 226 goals for.
The most goals in a season since 2010-2011. Skinner was obviously a huge part of that.

My prediction is Yes, they will score more then 201 goals and this is the best offense we have had since the Lindy Ruff days. I predict 225 goals, give or take 10.

I was off by exactly a goal and it was indeed the best offense since Ruff was coach by far. I predicted 225 and they exceeded my estimate by a goal.It excites me for next year. If we can keep Skinner and have VO and Nylander up the entire year and with Dahlin taking the next step I believe 250+ goals is the next target for this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->