Will Sidney Crosby ever hit 100 points again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I say yes

Put it this way if Crosby scores 105 points this year will absolutely anyone be shocked? He still has it in him. We'll see

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
I dont think so, but if he does get 100 points again it's still no shock.
When on top of his game he still has every chance to do so.

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018
No he won’t

His point production dropped a lot over the past few years :

From 2005 to 2014, he averaged 1,40 ppg

Since 2014-15 : 1,10 ppg

It’s safe to say that his best years are behind him. He’s a streaky player now : sometimes he’s on a slump for a month and sometimes he’s hot for 10 games and then go back on a slump. Back then, he was putting points on the board game after game, so he had no problem to hit 100 points every seasons.

I think his regression has alot to do with his concussions and since they have long term effects, I expect him to decline bite by bite every season. He’s still a great player, but won’t ever be as dominant as he was pre 2014.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Odds are against everybody, McDavid aside. Over time those odds get steeper and steeper. Too much can go wrong in a season. Even as an 80 point guy, I think Sid is a top-3 or top-5 player, but he might be at the point in his career where he's not really in the running for Art Ross trophies anymore.

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
possibly if he stops playing the selke level defense that he has developed. otherwise probably not. he's talented enough to be fed 100 points in 82 games but that is no longer the team dynamic of the penguins and more is required of him.

talitintti

Oct 13, 2018
possibly if he stops playing the selke level defense that he has developed. otherwise probably not. he's talented enough to be fed 100 points in 82 games but that is no longer the team dynamic of the penguins and more is required of him.
Lol! Crosby plays lazy defence.

Reactions: Casanova

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
If Matthews played 2 more minutes he’d already have 100 points.

its funny how on one hand the leafs have the most talented offense according to the fans but now its that matthews doesnt have the support like Jake Guentzel and Bryan Rust

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
I think he'll reach 100 points one more time in his career, but I also wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't.

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018
thanks for you response but its wrong.

He’s not playing on that level every game, this video only shows his best moments. He definitely can play defense, but he’s getting overrated in that department. If you watch most of the Pens game, you’ll notice that he does deep backchecks, but RARELY makes coverages, he goes through the motion most of the time

Reactions: Casanova

ijuka

May 14, 2016
No because he's mailing it in during the regular seasons. Perhaps if he tried his hardest during them he could, but it's tough to know for sure.

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
Yeah I do. Matthews doesn't play with anyone like Kessel and unlike Malkin doesn't get the 2nd matchups.
Jesus.. Malkin is the LAST player you want to use if we're comparing adequate linemate over the course of a career. Plus Malkin had his best seasons when Crosby was out and he was taking the toughest matchups. Learn your history and know what you're talking about before you decide to say it. Also Kessel over his tenure here has rarely played with Malkin. Sorry buy Matthews isn't close to Malkin.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Jesus.. Malkin is the LAST player you want to use if we're comparing adequate linemate over the course of a career. Plus Malkin had his best seasons when Crosby was out and he was taking the toughest matchups. Learn your history and know what you're talking about before you decide to say it. Also Kessel over his tenure here has rarely played with Malkin. Sorry buy Matthews isn't close to Malkin.

I'm talking about current Malkin not past Malkin. You can't compare a 21 year old to the peak of a guy over 30. I take Matthews over Malkin this year.

crossicepass

Sep 7, 2008
The like is for being the one to type out the obvious. Also,I think you meant to say Phil has rarely played with Sid.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
You mean the 7 games that have been played this season?

It is a projection. Yes I expect by the end of the year, Matthews will CURRENTLY be better than Malkin. No, this does not mean he did more than Malkin in his career. No it does not mean his career has surpassed Malkin.

It means that given linemates and usage and ice time and all of that, Matthews this year and going forward will be the better player, not just offensively but off the puck as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad