Will puljujärvi break out this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Well Coach Todd refuses to play him so it doesn't look like it.

Then again, Todd might be fired by this time next week.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
You could replace the words "this season" with "ever" and my answer would still be the same.

Nope, not "this season".

cpsman

Aug 18, 2010
Mclellan needs to be fired otherwise Puljujarvi is going to turn into a Paajarvi / Yakupov type player. High hopes then eventually becomes a whipping boy for the coach until he gets traded.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
No, I have zero trust on the coach.

Doesn't seem to have any intrest of developing him.

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
No. His play has become uninspired as of late. Not looking good for the pool boy.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
This and the Laine thread should be combined into one. Alot of excuses in both threads. Seems like the go to excuse now is "it's the coaches fault" lol. It would be nice to see these Finn taking responsibility for their piss poor play but that doesn't appear to be happening. You can lead a horse (pulju) to the water but cant make it drink.

Those damned Finns and their outright refusal to control what fans say about them.

Take some responsibility, you deadbeats!

Conor McDavitt

Oct 17, 2017
If the Oilers continue to play the way they are the coach should be out the door, but I don't blame him at all for Puljujarvi. Last season Puljujarvi was given a good push on the first line and performed for a short period of time and than disappeared. This season, guys like Rattie and Yamamoto had great preseasons, they deserved to start in the lineup where they did. Puljujarvi also had a great preseason, which makes his start disappointing. He looked big, fast, strong, and confident with the puck all preseason, but the last 2 games he has not been skating well, caught standing still a lot, and clumsy with the puck again. If he plays well he will move up the lineup pretty quick, but did himself no favors. I have very little sympathy for players, especially the right wingers on the Oilers. There is wide open spaces for ice time if someone steps up and shows something, but what has he done in the last 2 games to deserve anything? It is not only on him as most of the team has played poorly, which I also put on the coach, but Puljujarvi is the one on the ice, force the coach to play you more by being effective in the ice time you are given.

The Oilers are never going to be a good team if every player needs to be babysat on McDavid's line to be effective.

canadiantirefire

Sep 14, 2018
Ottawa
That's a big NOPE. Still looks all over the place and his offense will never come with TM as the coach. I think he hates Jesse. And his smile.

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
You can lead a horse (pulju) to the water but cant make it drink.

I agree with the horse to the water-part but I don't think TM has lead Pulju to the water. Quite the contrary. And I don't usually buy the coach is a bully-argument but with TM, there's an argument to make.

- He thinks Benning is a top 4 D.
- He plays powerplays with 5 lefties on the first PP and 5 righties on the 2nd. I'm not making this up.
- He thought it was a good idea to give 4th line center Mark Letestu 1st PP minutes all of last season in the leagues worst PP.
- He loves Milan Lucic who's been awful for over a year.
- He seems to put lots of players to impossible spots for them to succeed and rarely is their playing time explainable by their individual performance.

TM is just one stubborn f***er who has obvious player crushes and on the other hand seems to dislike some players no matter what they show.

leafsfan1234

Jun 18, 2016
He would of broken out by now if he was ever going to, he was drafted with an NHL frame. Just another terrible Oilers pick.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
He's not good enough to break out to the level people expect him to. But I think he will have his best season so far.

I'm just not sure he's a legit top 6 forward in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->