Speculation: Will Patrick "Showtime" Kane win the Hart this year??

Will Kaner win the Hart this year????

• Total voters

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
NHL Network has been discussing this a lot, a number of the analysts are saying if the Hawks can even stay in the playoff hunt, that Kane 100% should win the Hart as the Hawks would be nowhere without him...a few others still think it is Kucherov's to lose.

Those that sided with Kane said Kucherov plays with so much talent and has been in a better situation all year, and that Kane has made all the guys around him better...

So what do we think, will Kane win the Hart even if he finishes below Kucherov in points this year???

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
If he ends up having a 30-40 point gap from the next highest guy on the team it's possible even if the Hawks don't make the playoffs. If they do make the playoffs he gets it based on how the voting went last year for Hall.

borednow

Jan 3, 2019
There's a chance. I think the Hawks would have to make the playoffs for Kane to have a shot though, so the odds aren't great.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
He's pretty much auto-Hart if the Hawks make the playoffs thanks to Hall. No chance otherwise, though.

Reactions: CanadianHawks

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Kucherov leads his team in scoring by 18 points. Kane leads the Blackhawks in scoring by 28 points.

Since it’s most valuable to team, I would find it hard to go against Kane if this team gets into the playoffs once you consider the tear he’s been on to help get his team in the race.

But it all depends on if they make the playoffs. I voted yes because I think they make the playoffs based on how bad the second half of the west is.

Malagahawks

We tanked hard and got Bedard!! Happy Days!!
Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
I think he has an outside shot but Kucherov is having a career scoring year, albeit with his supporting cast it is night & day compared to the Hawks situation.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
The voters for this award have shown countless times that they have a strong bias toward players whose teams make the playoffs at a minimum.

That wont change this season, and that has nothing to do with whether he deserves the trophy or not.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
The voters for this award have shown countless times that they have a strong bias toward players whose teams make the playoffs at a minimum.

That wont change this season, and that has nothing to do with whether he deserves the trophy or not.
Well the Hart is “value to the team” and not just “most valuable player”. The Lindsay trophy is just for outstanding player. I’ve always suspected that’s the one the players care about more but the media props up the Hart Trophy as the important one because it’s voted on by the media.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
If they make the playoffs he has a strong case.

But I don't think they will, so no.

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
If Kane wins the Art Ross, and the Hawks make the playoffs, Kane wins the Hart too. Every other combination of Hawks in/out and Kane Ross win/lose who knows.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Kucherov is having a great season and is an awesome player.

If Kane keeps it up and the hawks stay at least close to me he will end up with the award.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
If he ends up having a 30-40 point gap from the next highest guy on the team it's possible even if the Hawks don't make the playoffs. If they do make the playoffs he gets it based on how the voting went last year for Hall.

Exactly what I think as well. The precedent is set with last year’s Hart for Hall.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Pretty much agreed with most here. If Hawks make the playoffs it's his to lose regardless if Kucherov wins the Art Ross. Hart will go to Kane.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I think they need to get in and steadily remain in the playoff picture the weeks before seasons end to get those, man carrying the team votes. Idk, many media types might still think the Hawks talent means he doesnt derseve it. A credit that is outdated but will linger.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Crazy to think Taylor Hall had a 41pt gap over the next highest scorer on his team last year.

Crow

May 19, 2014
He is having a far better year than kuch in my opinion. Look at their goal differential.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
No it should be Malkin to cement his spot on the nhl’s all time top 100.
Sure, because the Hart often goes to forwards who arent in the NHL top 10 in points, goals, assists or points per game.

What color is the sky in your world?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->