Will NBC be the only way to see the Turin Olympics in the US?

Status
Not open for further replies.

puck57

Dec 21, 2004
Things are starting to heat up with Olympic talk and that to me to thinking again. I assume in the states the only coverage you can get will be through NBC- so I would imagine you will not see as much of the hockey coverage as you could- I was thinking especially of Canada's games and some others. I would imagine the primary focus will be the US games that they show till you get to the crunch and quarters, semis, etc. I have Center Ice but I guess that will not have any Olympic coverage- I wish it would!

Jazz

puck57 said:
Things are starting to heat up with Olympic talk and that to me to thinking again. I assume in the states the only coverage you can get will be through NBC- so I would imagine you will not see as much of the hockey coverage as you could- I was thinking especially of Canada's games and some others. I would imagine the primary focus will be the US games that they show till you get to the crunch and quarters, semis, etc. I have Center Ice but I guess that will not have any Olympic coverage- I wish it would!

Not the way the Olympic TV rights work - it will be NBC only, and any affiliates. For example, in '02, CNBC showed all of the preliminary round games. Expect them to do the same thing with the non-US games this time around as well....

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
You'll probably get a chance to see most games through the NBC networks as Jazz (AKA Gurj?) mentioned. I remember during the Summer Olympics, MSNBC showed some of the earlier round soccer games (particularly Iraq), something that I was surprised to see.

puck swami

Apr 29, 2004
I expect one of the NBC Networks (CNBC, MSNBC etc) will have all the hockey games live, as they did in Salt Lake. They save the main NBC evening telecast for figure skating and more figure skating...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad