Will Nash ever be invited to play for Canada at an international event again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildone26*

Well just as I gauranteed after the Olympics Rick Nash is dropping fast on people radar screen. He is thought of so lowly by Team Canada now that not only Crosby, but Bergeron and Boyes were offered "certain spots" at the World Hockey Championships. However Rick Nash was not invited, there was "no room" for him to get a certain invite. He is now very unlikely to be invited at all, usually the remaining spots after the first round of invites are all given to players who lose in the first round of the playoffs. So there is a very slim chance of him being invited now, but only if alot of people decline the offer after the first round of the playoffs.

So bacicaly Nash has gone from being invited to the World Championships as a 19 and 20 year old, as being one of the best players at the stronger "lockout Worlds" in 2005, making Canada's Olympic team, to not even being a certain invite, and unlikely to be invited at all, and bypassed in favor of the likes of Bergeron and Boyes, for the much much much lower caliber World Championships. Now that is a fast fast decline and shows how little even Hockey Canada is starting to think of him. Will he ever be invited to play for Canada again at an international event. I voted no.

Zeato

Mar 26, 2006
Canada
I believe he'll be invited to this years World Championships so I voted yes. If he's healthy enough to attend and if the CBJ doctors give him the go ahead is whole other question though.

Remax

Sep 24, 2003
Canada
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!? Where do you see that he wasn't invited? Where do you see that anyone was invited? I have read a bunch of articles that say that certain players have committed to play, but I haven't seen anything say that Hockey Canada has confirmed that player X will be playing at the Worlds. Secondly you said that after the first round of invites, most of the spots are left for players who get beat out of the NHL playoffs after the first round. So you are saying that with guys like Luongo, Bertuzzi, Jovo, McCabe, Doan, Foote, etc. will not be invited unless a bunch of players who are currently going to be in the playoffs and get beat out in the first round decline their invites? You have to be kidding, is this an April Fools joke? :confused:

bizzz*

The first sentence says everything about intellect and knowledge of the topic's autho

Well just as I gauranteed after the Olympics Rick Nash is dropping fast on people radar screen.
Why would you read the rest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad