Will Messier get drafted?

El_Scoobo

Aug 18, 2004
Your Imagination
Stuy said:
It would be the later rounds i'm sure...but can you just see The Rangers taking him on his name alone?

I doubt it. Teams haven't appeared all that anxious to take a famous player's son if that famous player played for or is still involved with the team. Perhaps because of too much pressure placed on that kid to live up to his dad's standards/too much attention.

I seem to recall that Boston was not going to draft Chris Bourque because of this

ephecks

Jan 3, 2005
El_Scoobo said:
I seem to recall that Boston was not going to draft Chris Bourque because of this

Actually I remember Boston trying to trade up and nab him in the second round ahead of Washington...I may be mistaken though.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
with the draft only 7 rounds now i don't think he gets picked. i could see someone inviting him to camp and giving him a shot in the minors as a 'favor to mark' but i don't see wasting a pick on him

derbyfan

Nov 23, 2002
Visit site
dannoabram said:
where does he play ? also sutter drafted his son last year

Texas Tornado of the NAHL. He's an '87 birthdate, I don't believe he's even ranked in the CSB final rankings. Out of the Jr. A NAHL, doubt he'd get drafted unless, as mentioned, someone does it for the name.

Last edited:

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
dannoabram said:
where does he play ? also sutter drafted his son last year

He plays in the NAHL. I forget which team... I think the Texas Tornado's or something. I think he's an '87 birthday in a '88 draft. He's a little undersized for a d-man and his offense isn't all that spectacular either.

He probably wouldn't be drafted in a 9 round draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->