Will McDavid and Kucherov finish near each other in points?

Who will get more points?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

apollo18

Oct 20, 2018
mcDavid seems to have got off to an amazing start and Kucherov just seems to be going normally. I assume Kucherov will get hot too, so are we all expecting for them to finish very close in points? Or is mcdavid going to win by a margin 15 points ++

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
McDavid by at least 10. Probably more. He's on a different level compared to everyone else except for Draisaitl so far (who is actually playing better than McDavid). Looking like he should top 130 points this season.

Doing what he's doing right now with what probably amounts to his 'B' game. When he knocks some of the rust off and starts handling the puck better, look out.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
McDavid is looking like he's going to beat anyone in the league by at least 10-15+ right now, what a talent man

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I don't think Kucherov has another 128 point season in him. It's not that he's going to decline, i just think last year was a perfect storm of a career year. I think he'll still do 100+ consistently, but maybe won't even hit 110 this year. So I voted for McDavid by 10-20 or more.

People need to calm down a bit though with the start of the season. Kucherov started slow last year (relatively speaking), as it was Matthews/Ranta who were all the rage at the start. It's really around november, and especially dec he started building up steam and never let up till he hit 128 points.

Also - last year, 1 week into the season, people on here were saying he'd score 100 goals (lol). It could still end up going either way

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Should have had a "McDavid by 20+"-option, but I voted for 10-20.

The crazy thing is that McDavid's still been the second-best player on his team.

Reactions: snipes

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Kucherov is playing like trash atm and if he keeps this up then it’s not gonna be close. Though he could still sleep his way to a 100 points. He did start slow last year as well so who knows. Voting for Mcdavid is the safe bet here either way.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Looks like Kucherov's ship has sailed.
LOL J/K
But seriously, laughing at the people who expected him to play at that level for a long period of time.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
McDavid by at least 10. Probably more. He's on a different level compared to everyone else except for Draisaitl so far (who is actually playing better than McDavid). Looking like he should top 130 points this season.

Doing what he's doing right now with what probably amounts to his 'B' game. When he knocks some of the rust off and starts handling the puck better, look out.
yeah I'm sure he's gonna sustain his 28% OIS% ....

Reactions: 1OApick

bobbyking

May 29, 2018
Should have had a "McDavid by 20+"-option, but I voted for 10-20.

The crazy thing is that McDavid's still been the second-best player on his team.
I wouldn't give leon that much credit. Even though he's a top 3 goal scorer

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Keep relying on those small sample sizes for stats like on ice shooting percentage and ignoring McDavid's proven track record and history.

I know McDavid's success bothers you but it will be okay.
you mean by finishing with more than 10 less point than Kucherov last year?

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018
I think this will finally be the year where McDavid separates himself from the rest of the pack

apollo18

Oct 20, 2018
at the start of the year, consensus was that it was basically a toss up as some were saying kuch and some were saying mcD, but now due to mcdavids hot start, seems like he cant be catched?

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
I doubt Tampa will outscore Edmonton by 90 goals this season. Edmonton is scoring goals at a higher pace then previous seasons and McDavid is scoring more points. No surprise at all.

Last edited:

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
McDavid is an all time great and by far the best player in the league. He’ll repeat last year. Kuch probably won’t

JohnnyBerts

Oct 30, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Kooch did have a slowish start last year before the faucet went full power. Although watching Tampa games, Brayden Point looks like the best player on that team now and McDavid looks like he turned his game up another gear and has no intention of finishing second. Whereas Kooch might care more about a cup this season. It’s easily McD over Kooch by landslide this season.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I wouldn't give leon that much credit. Even though he's a top 3 goal scorer
Well, I would. I think Draisaitl's been better. And it has absolutely nothing to do with goals.

Actually, in spite of points, I think McDavid's played relatively poorly for his standards this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad