Will Mark Stone hit 70 points this year?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Watching Stone, Schief, and ROR at the world championships was pretty magic. The kid is a throw back and quickly becoming one of my favorite players in the league.

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
The slow start this season makes it almost impossible to hit 70. Still an amazing player. If Stone had above average speed, dude would be a super star.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The slow start this season makes it almost impossible to hit 70. Still an amazing player. If Stone had above average speed, dude would be a super star.

His current pace is 69 pts per 82 games (well technically he's on pace for 68 because he missed a game). How is it almost impossible for him to make up 2 pts over the next 50 games?

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
How can you watch this guy and not love the way he plays? Awesome player that will soon get the recognition he deserves.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Stone is a gem. He's easily the second best player on the team and the guy you'd put on with a struggling player to break them out of it.

He can absolutely pick apart a defense. He can thread the needle like the best of them and has unreal vision. The amount of times I've seen him find a guy who's open, who nobody on the ice realized was open, is amazing.

He's also one of the smartest players I've seen play. He barely takes risks yet puts up great numbers. He can finish well around the net and plays very well defensively.

During our run to the playoffs a couple of years ago (when Hammond went some crazy record) he was so clutch. It was Alfie 2007 playoffs-like. Down the final stretch I remember him setting up an OT winner against Tampa, scoring a game-tying goal against Toronto, shootout winner vs Detroit, overtime winner against Pittsburgh, and two goals in the clincher against Philly.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Let's be real, he's a great puck possession player and he's great at takeaways but he's not a Selke caliber defensive winger. People tend to equate takeaways with being an amazing defensive player for some reason.

He is very good at defending the net, suppressing high danger initial and secondary chances, gaining loose pucks before they become a danger, etc. as well. Followed by excellent possession especially relative, despite only playing more Ozone time than Pageau, takeaways, etc. I'd say that's an excellent defensive player in him.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Stone is a gem. He's easily the second best player on the team and the guy you'd put on with a struggling player to break them out of it.

He can absolutely pick apart a defense. He can thread the needle like the best of them and has unreal vision. The amount of times I've seen him find a guy who's open, who nobody on the ice realized was open, is amazing.

He's also one of the smartest players I've seen play. He barely takes risks yet puts up great numbers. He can finish well around the net and plays very well defensively.

During our run to the playoffs a couple of years ago (when Hammond went some crazy record) he was so clutch. It was Alfie 2007 playoffs-like. Down the final stretch I remember him setting up an OT winner against Tampa, scoring a game-tying goal against Toronto, shootout winner vs Detroit, overtime winner against Pittsburgh, and two goals in the clincher against Philly.

Yeah he has the ability to play with anyone and make them better. And he is incredibly smart with the puck, people will obviously talk about his insane takeaway abilities but those are useless if you don't know what to do with the puck afterwards.

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
Since no one has said it yet, he absolutely seems like a "winner".

I know it's kind of a cliche term, but man you just know this guy is going to be incredible every game in the playoffs. There is nothing more this guy likes to do than win hockey games.

When the Sens score, he is always the happiest player on the Senators: even when he's on the bench.

He is such a good guy to have on your team.

The Professional

Sens Army Special Operations Command
Dec 4, 2005
Aylmer, Québec
Stone is an elite winger who has somewhat flown under the radar in the NHL. Such a clutch player who comes up big especially when the stakes are high. Hockey IQ is through the roof, great vision and hands, and he works hard and is very intense on the ice.

He is capable of 70+ pts a year although he might not reach it this year because of his slow start after getting injured and missing most of training camp. But he is capable of it and I think he can be hovering around ppg.

Carl33

Aug 25, 2007
why not?

already at 68 pts pace...and begin with a slow start, now in beast mode...

last year played with Smith and pageau, and still produce 60+ pts..

this year, correct me if I'm wrong, but he play with Turris and Hoffman most of the time

70 pts? I think the guess is more, does he hit 75 pts this year

if no injury, I can see stone get 70-75 pts this year by playing with hoffman and turris

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
As a Leafs fan, I say Mark Stone is the most underrated star in the league. Not only does he produce, but he's an absolute possession beast as well.

This kid is one of the best players in the game and should be a lock for team canada.

I show up here for the first time since I can remember and I see this guy say that.

zeke matured! hahah

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Ottawa has a defensive system now and don't score a lot of goals.

On top of that, the PP doesn't look good either.

Heck, the new coaches had Karlsson playing in the crease during the powerplays (almost like Tomas Holmstrom!!), for a good 20 games. Offensively, they don't know what they're doing.

Stone will probably end up just short of 70. I'll say he'll end up Hoffman's jersey number.

El Diego

Jan 2, 2009

Heck, the new coaches had Karlsson playing in the crease during the powerplays (almost like Tomas Holmstrom!!), for a good 20 games. Offensively, they don't know what they're doing.

Stone will probably end up just short of 70. I'll say he'll end up Hoffman's jersey number.

PP has looked a lot better once they came to their current set up (EK point, Turris half wall, Stone side of net, Dion in front and Hoffman weak side), but their zone entry on the PP is still terrible. And EK was not in front of the net for 20 games, though he was in front of the net for too many games.

Anyway, Stone is my favourite player to watch. Just so smart. He has no business being as good as he is with his lack of speed.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

The poerwplay looked bad the first 20 or so but has been pretty good the last 14. That's not what they did with Karlsson and that set up was more successful than previous attempts.

Still not sure how it is relevant though, especially considering the minor roll stone plays on the PP which I kind of disagree with.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: