Will Marian Hossa make the hall of fame?

WingsFan95

Mar 22, 2008
Kanata
The HoF bar right now ain't that high.

Essentially you're in with 5 top tier seasons unless your career was very short-lived without fanfare. Cups obviously help lock it down.

Neely, Lindros, Kariya, Recchi are all recent examples.

Rick Nash could even get in we'll wait and see on Bondra.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015

Essentially you're in with 5 top tier seasons unless your career was very short-lived without fanfare. Cups obviously help lock it down.

Never mind Lindros won a Hart trophy, i know just peanuts right? You also realize that the keyword is "HOCKEY" Hall of Fame not NHL HOF?

Last edited:

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Never mind Lindros won a Hart trophy, i know just peanuts right?
Lindros took several years to get in still. The standards were seemingly trying to be harsher but broke down over years or the bias and dislike of him was still strong he had to wait around.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Lindros took several years to get in still. The standards were seemingly trying to be harsher but broke down over years or the bias and dislike of him was still strong he had to wait around.
Doesn't change the fact he was arguably the best player on the planet during his hay day. Can you even say that about Hossa?

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Doesn't change the fact he was arguably the best player on the planet during his hay day. Can you even say that about Hossa?
No.. but what does that matter. Lindros's Injuries and lack of lengthy career made him considered a weak candidate still even though he had that peak.

hellvetet

Oct 2, 2015
I would say he's getting in pretty quickly. Multiple cups while being a constant cornerstone player. A good enough PPG throughout his career with exceptional defensive prowess, a Jere Lehtinen with better offensive tools. Not too many players of this particular skill set have been seen.

On top of that, Hossa was a key cog in raising Slovakia among the group of "big hockey countries." Especially his performance in Vancouver 2010 is one to remember, along with his linemates Demitra and Gaborik.

Could you build a line with Hossa in it that would not work? In my eyes he is one of the most versatile players ever.

Reactions: Pomee

The Wizard of Oz

Feb 24, 2013
Michigan

Nash and Bondra are not getting in. But you’re right in that the standards are low especially for forwards.

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
With all due respect to Peter Sykora, 2015 is not the run you want to pick when debating which Blackhawks player was best. That one is probably the only cup run (or hell, the only deep playoff run) where everybody with functioning eyeballs picked the same guy as the Blackhawks best player.

If you put a gun to my head and make me pick the best player in the world at that time I have to go with Keith. He was unreal, that series against Detroit still irks me.

On point Hossa is a lock for the HOF, not very many wingers combine offense and defense like he did.

solidmotion

Jun 5, 2012
Funny, a player's production isn't entirely about stats. I feel bad for all of you that didn't get to watch him every night, he was on another level
i watched every game of all the blackhawks cup runs. hossa was great. kane and toews were clearly better the vast majority of the time.

GreatGonzo

Surrounded by Snowflakes
May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
Hossa sits 4th in points, 3rd in goals, and 11th in assists from ‘99-‘18. Among RWers he sits 3rd in points, 2nd in goals, and 4th in assists during that same span. Add his defensive play, along with his playoff resume. He’s a for sure HOFer. He’s been one of the most underrated players for so many years.
Since the HOF now let's in any decent player who managed to stick around for 20 years, pile up points and were fan favourites on big market teams (Recchi, Sundin, etc) even though they barely had any top 10 finishes & no hardware, then yeah likely he makes it.
You clearly never watched Sundin and just looked at his stats. He was one of the best and most dominant centers during the DPE and was the model of consistency.

Hossa never “compiled” either. Learn what the term actually means before throwing it out there maybe?

Drgi

Feb 7, 2019
Yes he was a better player than Lindros. Hossa was 5 times in the finals, he won 3 times, the 2 times he lost was close he make 26 points in one in the los runs. Lindros was once in finals lose by a sweep.

Drgi

Feb 7, 2019
I would say he's getting in pretty quickly. Multiple cups while being a constant cornerstone player. A good enough PPG throughout his career with exceptional defensive prowess, a Jere Lehtinen with better offensive tools. Not too many players of this particular skill set have been seen.

On top of that, Hossa was a key cog in raising Slovakia among the group of "big hockey countries." Especially his performance in Vancouver 2010 is one to remember, along with his linemates Demitra and Gaborik.

Could you build a line with Hossa in it that would not work? In my eyes he is one of the most versatile players ever.

Drgi

Feb 7, 2019
Slovakia had great team before hossa winning world cup in 2002 with Satan Palffy Bondra Stumpel Zednik, ok the team was even better adding Gaborik Hossa Demitra in 2004 2005 when all this players played great

But we had Stastny brothers in the 70 - s, Vladimir Dzurilla goalkeeper who bet team canada on canada cup 1976 (1:0) was Slovak.

Captain of the Czechoslovakia in 1985 world champion team was from Slovakia. Lots of players in the tem Czechoslovakia who won 3 times world championship in 70 - s and who was the only team able to regulary beat the red russian machine which won 8:1 against canada in 1981 canada cup was Slovakia.

Drgi

Feb 7, 2019

Bondra at least scored 500 goals in the Nhl defensive era, won fastest scater in all star and was twice second in the.hardest shop competition and was once with the weak capitals team in finals losing the same way like Lindros 0:4 against the red wing

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Bondra at least scored 500 goals in the Nhl defensive era, won fastest scater in all star and was twice second in the.hardest shop competition and was once with the weak capitals team in finals losing the same way like Lindros 0:4 against the red wing

Seriously? Referencing NHL ASG skills competition as an argument for HOF? Well certainly wins the HOF race to the bottom.

GreatGonzo

Surrounded by Snowflakes
May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
Yes he was a better player than Lindros. Hossa was 5 times in the finals, he won 3 times, the 2 times he lost was close he make 26 points in one in the los runs. Lindros was once in finals lose by a sweep.
Hossa was never better than Lindros. Not even close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad