Will Malkin hit 100 pts next year?

Rebecca

Nov 1, 2005
Ptbo
We all know that his point totals will be bloated as a result of mooching off Armstrong and Hilbert, so subtract 50 off the total and that will give the more realistic value.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Rebecca said:
We all know that his point totals will be bloated as a result of mooching off Armstrong and Hilbert, so subtract 50 off the total and that will give the more realistic value.

No, he'll be on the second line, getting assists from Ryan Malone and Shane Endicott out of the goodness of their overly large hearts. :sarcasm:

Rebecca

Nov 1, 2005
Ptbo
ChitownExile said:
No, he'll be on the second line, getting assists from Ryan Malone and Shane Endicott out of the goodness of their overly large hearts. :sarcasm:
Oh, so that lucky devil is going to get to play with Endicott? In that case, subtract 65 :D

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
He has been considered to be in the Crosby/Ovechkin class of players. Playing on the same team with Crosby can not hurt at all in that quest. I would say 90+ with an outside chance at 100.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
dmcccdmn said:
He'll get to 99 then kick someone to get his final game suspended :)

he should really kick that habit.

Whee! I'm the ruler of lame puns! :propeller

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
fonzyg said:
Playing on the PP i say yes. i put him down for 35 goals and 75 assists for 110 pts. flame on.

It's quite possible. Crosby and Malkin will certainly give each other a boost on special teams and late-game situations, but you'll have to see how much ice-time he's getting as a 2nd line player.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I'll say my peace...

Since March of 2004 I've considered Malkin the best prospect of the three. My opinion has not changed. Even with what Crosby and Ovechkin have done since...I still say Malkin will be the best.
Ovechkin came in a man...he'd played in a man's league and was approaching 20 and his adjustment period to the NHL was non-existant...he just had nothing else on his team to help him out.
Crosby came in a boy and essentially was on his own. His adjustment time did exist, he came in great, but was vastly better at the end than the begining.

I expect Malkin to be between the two there. He is a man, like Ovechkin. He'll be approaching 20 to start the season and I expect little to no adjustment period to the NHL. He won't be outmatched physically, he won't be used to being untouchable, he won't have the same problems Crosby did coming in.
Unlike Ovechkin coming in though...he is going to have Sid to work with. Maybe not on the same line, but Sid's impact will be just as great as he'll take the pressure off Malkin. Plus they'll be playing on the PP together...

Honestly...I expect 100 from him next year. Possibly more.

He's better at this point in his career(remember, almost a full year difference) than Ovechkin was, he's the best player outside the NHL, easily, as a 19 year-old...and I fully expect him to be the best player inside the NHL within a couple years.

CapsCrazyX17

Jun 20, 2003
Washington, DC
I hate the Pens with a passion but I am a big Malkin fan and I'd love to see him tear up the NHL.

I can't wait to see the inevitable Malkin/Ovechkin line at the all-star game.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Malkin plays a different game from AO and Crosby while still being just as great. If he gets a point a game and plays his advanced all around game, I'll be overly happy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad