Will MacKinnon score 100 points or more this season?

Will MacKinnon score 100 points or more this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Hello,

I created similar thread last season after he got really going. He is on fire currently stats wise, even though he isn't (at least in my opinion) playing as dominantly as he was last season. Still, he has still been excellent.

Do you think he will get to three digit numbers? I do.

Link to his Eliteprospects page: Nathan MacKinnon at eliteprospects.com

Last edited:

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
If that entire line of Gabe-Mack-Rants can stay healthy, I think he will hit 100 points. Whether that happens is anyone's guess.

Reactions: thadd

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
If that entire line of Gabe-Mack-Rants can stay healthy, I think he will hit 100 points. Whether that happens is anyone's guess.

Fair point of view. Last year the line remained relatively healthy throughout the whole season.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I think he will just miss but could emerge as the second best young player behind McDavid. He looks like he’s really taken a huge step the last year or so.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
He had 5 points through 10 games last year, and missed 8 games due to injury. He finished with 97 points.

He has 15 points through 9 games this season, and is playing with a more experienced Rantanen, a better landeskog, and a better team overall.

There's nothing that makes me think he WON'T hit 100.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I would have said no coming into the year due to his underlying numbers suggesting some regression. I don't want a hot start to hold too much influence but it's becoming harder to believe that regression is coming

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I'm torn.

On the one hand, thanks to his hot start he's already at a point where he just has to get 85 points in his last 73 games to his 100, which is a pretty low pace compared to his last 100 games played.

But at the same time, 100 points is a hard feat to accomplish. At some point he's going to cool down for a stretch and the important factor is that he and Rantanen dont let that stretch extend for a long period of time.

I'd say this could be 50-50 at this point. Flip a coin. I'll say no for now.

Reactions: Foppberg

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I'm torn.

On the one hand, thanks to his hot start he's already at a point where he just has to get 85 points in his last 73 games to his 100, which is a pretty low pace compared to his last 100 games played.

But at the same time, 100 points is a hard feat to accomplish. At some point he's going to cool down for a stretch and the important factor is that he and Rantanen dont let that stretch extend for a long period of time.

I'd say this could be 50-50 at this point. Flip a coin. I'll say no for now.

This is one thing in Mac's favour for hitting 100 imo. I think one of the benefits of playing with great linemates is that even when MacKinnon isn't on his game and playing his best, Rantanen and/or Landeskog can still be on theirs, and help him get points and mitigate slumps. The best scorers can produce regardless of linemates while on their game, but it's those down periods where they can lose ground in the points race to other top players with better support.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->