Will Jussi Jokinen make his Comeback to the NHL?

morkkis35

Aug 9, 2017
Jussi Jokinen Just signed with Swiss Leage Team (2nd Swiss) EHC Kloten until the 5th of december. In swiss media he said that he wants to get back in shape and may have another shot at the nhl. I havent watched too many games of hime over the last couple years and was wondering did the age just catch up to hime, did he loose too many steps. Or do u think he will make it back to reach his 1000 NHL games this season?

In his first 2 games with Kloten he scored 1 goal and 8 Assist.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I can't imagine any team giving Jussi a contract. I think that he would be in the NHL right now if there was any level of interest for him in the league. He's not exactly a guy who is picky about where he plays, so I think he would have signed with anyone who made him an offer if he wanted to be here.

torniojaws

Jan 10, 2017
Finland
Come injuries, I'm sure there will be some teams interested in him for a 1 year deal at 800k or something like that. And he did get 10 points in 14 games with the Canucks last season.

Sanf

Sep 8, 2012
I can't imagine any team giving Jussi a contract. I think that he would be in the NHL right now if there was any level of interest for him in the league. He's not exactly a guy who is picky about where he plays, so I think he would have signed with anyone who made him an offer if he wanted to be here.

Yeah this is how I see it. He could have been depth guy/placeholder in some rebuilding type of team. But nobody did see that value on him. Don´t see anyone seeing value on him on playoff push/playoff run.

His attitude helps. But he needs a really desperate team (with injuries and no depth) to get a contract. I don´t see it.

Reactions: morkkis35

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad