Speculation: Will Jokiharju start the year in Rockford?

Will Jokiharju start the year in Rockford?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Of Keith, Seabrook, Gustafsson, Murphy, Maatta, de Haan, Koekkoek, Dahlstrom, and Jokiharju — only Jokiharju is waivers exempt, everyone else must clear waivers to play in Rockford.

The HawksTalk podcast guys said today Jokiharju may end up in Rockford.

Plus this from a few days ago:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Keith - Seabs
Maatta - Murphy
- Gus

those 5 are locks...if 4K or Dahlstrom makes it over Joker, then the kid didn't do enough to showcase he belongs. waiver exempt or not, 4K and Dahlstrom are not names to keep a 1st round pick out of your lineup IF he is ready. I still say it us up to him to show it with De Haan out..

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Are we playing BWC bingo or nah?

-Mentions
J.C. hates Joker
How Joker was the best defensemen before being sent down
Free space
Something about Q
And of course a Stanley

In all seriousness I think Joker starts the year with the hawks.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Are we playing BWC bingo or nah?

-Mentions
J.C. hates Joker
How Joker was the best defensemen before being sent down
Free space
Something about Q
And of course a Stanley

In all seriousness I think Joker starts the year with the hawks.

Haha, I’m sure we’ll have a coverall with BWC’s first post in this thread.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I think Jokiharju starts in Rockford. No room for him. Bunch of vets on the roster and Jokiharju has done nothing to prove he belongs.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Now do Mitchell and pretend he wasn’t staying in school haha
With the acquisitions of Maata and De Haan, it's quite possible Mitchell wouldn't make it either. The blueline is quite packed now. That being said, Mitchell will likely make the roster for the playoff run. Hawks will need him in case of injuries or just to rest guys like KFCeabs.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
I think Jokiharju starts in Rockford. No room for him. Bunch of vets on the roster and Jokiharju has done nothing to prove he belongs.

I think the same. Maybe de Haan being out will give him a chance for the first few games but even then I think that spot is going to Dahlstrom.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
4K and Dahlstrom are both LDs..I don't see how on Earth Joker doesn't make this team out the gate to be honest. Our natural RD's are Seabs and Murphy - as legit RDs, that is it. Gus plays his offside and he could go to LD so we have three pure LDs and three pure RDs..

Reactions: bwana63

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
4K and Dahlstrom are both LDs..I don't see how on Earth Joker doesn't make this team out the gate to be honest. Our natural RD's are Seabs and Murphy - as legit RDs, that is it. Gus plays his offside and he could go to LD so we have three pure LDs and three pure RDs..

I think JC prefers Gus on the right side. We had even less depth on LD last year but he still stayed on the right. Could be wrong of course, we will see at the beginning of the season.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I think JC prefers Gus on the right side. We had even less depth on LD last year but he still stayed on the right. Could be wrong of course, we will see at the beginning of the season.
Gus does play RD side, I am just saying he is a LD that can play his natural side if we want a pure 3 LD and 3 RD balance..we are now weaker on RD than LD with De Haan and Maatta brought in..Joker should not get held out of this lineup with names like 4K and Dahlstrom..and though I like Dahlstrom he basically became obsolete when Maatta and De Haan were acquired.

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
I think the question is better left to after training camp. Will Chicago sign a free agent D? Will they trade Murphy or Gus?

As of today, I think they send him to Rockford rather than risk losing depth for free.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
I like Joker a lot, but it’s nice to come in this year with six defensemen that can play the game and not hope that a kid can fill in before he’s ready.

When that happens to a kid that plays defense it can hurt him long term when he is not totally ready. I think this is what happened to Forsling and hope he can turn it around someday. I hope the same thing doesn’t happen with Joker.

When Joker comes back to big club he should stay up and play top four minutes.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010

voted that he starts in the show because of this. I think we need a RD while De Haan is out.

Keith - Jokiharju
Gus - Murphy
Maatta - Seabrook

hope that bottom pair barely plays in a shutdown role.

Last edited:

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Joker has proven to be better than Seabs, Dahlstrom, and Koekkoek. But yeah, he's shown nothing. What a load of crock.
More than Koekkoek and Seabs, sure. Not Dahlstrom. Y'all hate Dahlstrom way too much here. He's more reliable than Jokiharju on the backend. Seabs is a fixture on that lineup so realistically Jokiharju is only ahead of Koekkoek on the depth chart so he doesn't get a roster spot unless he takes his game to another level.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Forget CDH most likely wont be ready for the start. Hopefully by the time CDH is back Joker will have given JC no choice but to sit seabs every game. Sink or swim im confident he will swim.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
It’s very possible Joker isn’t even with the organization come training camp. They did say these kids are assets and with the moves for D who knows. Like people have been saying if we get Nylander for him I’d do it. The kid has a lot of talent and if you think this past season is the norm you’re just a leaf hater. Nylander will be good for 60+ for the remainder of his contract.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
It’s very possible Joker isn’t even with the organization come training camp. They did say these kids are assets and with the moves for D who knows. Like people have been saying if we get Nylander for him I’d do it. The kid has a lot of talent and if you think this past season is the norm you’re just a leaf hater. Nylander will be good for 60+ for the remainder of his contract.
I do Joki for Nylander all day. No questions asked. I'll pay for the plane tickets too. This roster is filthy with Nylander and is easily a playoff team. Joki wouldn't even be missed.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I do Joki for Nylander all day. No questions asked. I'll pay for the plane tickets too. This roster is filthy with Nylander and is easily a playoff team. Joki wouldn't even be missed.

I would rather let go of Beaudin or Mitchell but that likely does not get it done.

I am not opposed to Nylander but something tells me Jokiharju is one of the top 4 D prospects we want to keep...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad