Will Joe Vitale ever see PK time instead of Glass/Adams?

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
So Joe was a key member of the WBS penalty killing.

Will he ever get a chance with the big team?

Vitale has scored some big goals, have excellent speed and his effort is superb.

Also he is great on face offs which are KEY on the PK.
---
Is it really fair to scratch Vitale and let Glass play?

I have not seen anything from Glass that merits him playing while Vitale is scratched.

Vitales skating ability should make him a better choice for an aggressive PK unit than Glass.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Glass is garbage and in my (non-joking) opinion there is nothing Adams can do that Vitale can't do at least as well, including PK.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
It's a good question - we all know the answer to it. Unfortunately not.

I'd like to see his feisty play on the PK.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I have no idea, He's a beauty in the FO circle and yet we still send Adams and Glass out for PK draws!

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
The speed of the team worries me a bit with Eaton, Engelland, Morrow,, Murray, Glass and Adams.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
So Joe was a key member of the WBS penalty killing.

Will he ever get a chance with the big team?

Vitale has scored some big goals, have excellent speed and his effort is superb.

Also he is great on face offs which are KEY on the PK.
---
Is it really fair to scratch Vitale and let Glass play?

I have not seen anything from Glass that merits him playing while Vitale is scratched.

Vitales skating ability should make him a better choice for an aggressive PK unit than Glass.

Totally legit question, that I have been asking all season. If Tanner Glass is still in lineup now, we should burn down Console. I'd rather see DJ out there. I think he is a better defensive forward than all of the above.

If Bylsma is smart and plays his best players, Vitale, AND Glass aren't in the lineup at all with a full roster. Bylsma has a tendency to sit some of his best players though.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I posted this in another thread but it applies here more...

I wonder how any other team in the league gets by without PK'ers like Glass and Adams. Man they must have it rough.

also there's this...

You'd think there'd have to be somebody out there that can win over 60% of their faceoffs, provide tons of energy, score timely goals, play fast, and throw a big hit here and there...

If only we could find that player... Oh well.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Vitale will start to get PK minutes basically when he becomes Craig Adams -- so in about a decade or so, when his skating deteriorates and he's passed through waivers a couple of times.

In seriousness, it's kind of weird he isn't used on the PK. He's smart enough, he's fast enough to get in the shooting/passing lanes, and of course, he's got something none of our current PK forwards have: dominance in the face off circle.

MrBurghundy

Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Vitale will start to get PK minutes basically when he becomes Craig Adams -- so in about a decade or so, when his skating deteriorates and he's passed through waivers a couple of times.

In seriousness, it's kind of weird he isn't used on the PK. He's smart enough, he's fast enough to get in the shooting/passing lanes, and of course, he's got something none of our current PK forwards have: dominance in the face off circle.

Craig Adams will still be on the team.

We can't make it too hard on the other team, or they'll just take their pucks and go home.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
The speed of the team worries me a bit with Eaton, Engelland, Morrow,, Murray, Glass and Adams.

It's possible that neither of Eaton and Engelland will be in the lineup, Glass and Adams are slow but I'm still holding out hope that Bylsma will come to his sense and dress Vitale over Glass.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Craig Adams will still be on the team.

We can't make it too hard on the other team, or they'll just take their pucks and go home.

I think that's the sheer genius of Shero. He brought in Tanner Glass to divert the attention away from Craig Adams so no one could complain that Adams is the worst player on the roster.

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
I think Adams is a good PKer.

I don't think Vitale will be on the PK because just a couple games ago Vitale served a bench minor for too many men on the ice.

Vitale is a good hustler, fast, physical, etc. But is he good enough defensively? Does he have the ability to block shots and clear the puck like Adams does?

People don't seem to like Adams but he is a pretty good PKer.

I was going to post this in another thread. I know people don't want to see Vitale scratched, but what if Shero acquires a guy like Boyd Gordon? Good faceoff guy, good Pker. He would probably take Vitale's spot though.

Adams-Gordon-Kennedy or Kennedy-Gordon-Adams

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I think he is, he's definitely thrown himself in front of a few shots. Even if Bylsma doesn't want to use him to PK he should still be using him for PK faceoffs.

MrBurghundy

Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
The only reason why Adams has to block so many shots is because he's too slow, both in foot speed and reaction time to get to pucks first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->