Speculation: Will Glen Gulutzan be fired?

Will Glen Gulutzan be fired?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
If Gulutzan stays then at the very least Cameron has to go. The Powerplay was garbage last year as well, it's not just this year that it was horrible. This year it had a 2 week stretch where it produced, the year before it was Tkachuk and Backlund scoring on the PP for a month which covered up the fact that it was trash the rest of the year.

The powerplay shouldn't kill momentum EVERY SINGLE TIME you get a powerplay; sure sometimes it won't work out and it will look bad, but it shouldn't look bad 95% of the time.

If Gulutzan could actually adapt to the game, change up the lines to give young guys a chance (like the end of the year), put Bennett in a god damn position to succeed (ie. with Tkachuk, Monahan or Gaurdrau and not AHL players) and play players to their strengths I would be less hesitant to wanting him fired. How ever, your asking the guy to change basically his entire coaching behavior that we have seen the past 2 years and I don't think he is capable of doing that at this time.

Sticking to the system is not the answer Glen, adapt and use your players to their strengths, not some arbitrary system that like 3 people on the team succeed in.

Nov 24, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
I want him to be gone, but I do have a feeling he will be around come next season unfortunately. But if Calgary is sucking he's not sticking around for a whole season.

scoringmachine

Jan 17, 2007
I would like to see a new coach. New York Rangers just fired their coach. Vancouver fans were not happy when they let him go. Just do no how to spell his name. Like him as a coach. If Sutter still wants to coach do not mind bringing him back. Gully just bugged me with constanly putting lineups that did work. Example is a game in Edmonton we lost and the lineup struggled so bad next game basically same line up another lose. Also scratching young players who out play the veterans example Jankowski was on a scoring streak when he was scratched a game. Also besides gully we need a new goalie coach since kipper left we never had sold goaltending got lucky with Mike Smith. Just got back from work so sorry about my bad writing

Reactions: No Draft

scoringmachine

Jan 17, 2007
Gully needs to go his system never seems to work. He put too much pressure on Johnny, Monny and Mike Smith. Your top players do have bad games and others have to step up and he did not know how to get others motivated enough to help the stars. Also he preferred veterans over young guys which showed that during the season scratching young guys who played better than veterans. We need someone who can motivate all players and s ratch the bad players.

Reactions: No Draft

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Bill Peters has really helped some of the Hurricanes younger players breakout I definitely wouldn't mind him.

The Hurricanes suck because their GM can't find a goalie who can play at an NHL level.

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Don't the Hurricanes have the exact same problem as the Flames with regards to a lack of an identity?

Peters would be disappointing. Would prefer Trotz as it appears unlikely he'll be back in Washington.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Peters looks like a bear.

bill-peters.jpg

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Don't the Hurricanes have the exact same problem as the Flames with regards to a lack of an identity?

Peters would be disappointing. Would prefer Trotz as it appears unlikely he'll be back in Washington.
Apparently he also has received his fair share of backlash from fans about player usage, not unlike our own current coach.

Seems more like a lateral move at best.

Reactions: Cyrano

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Bill Peters is the only coach available (potentially) that I'd be okay with replacing Gulutzan and I know I'm probably the only Flames fan who thinks that

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Take away Brouwer, Glass, and all our other plugs and AV would do a great job with the Flames. If we retain Gully and don't even get a sniff at AV, I'll be pisssssed.

Reactions: snipetype
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->