Proposal: Will Flames trade for a good goalie?

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Fair play haha. Oh well, that was a dumb deal then and i still think ita dumb now lol
Varlarmov only had a few more games than Georgiev has when he got a 1st.

Like I said, it's not at all uncommon. Whether it's smart or not is a different question. I do think Georgiev is a really good player, and people shouldn't get blinded by the fact that he kinda "came out of nowhere".

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
he played well in the 1st game, I'll give him that. In any case he is 37 and a UFA and they will not re-sign him.
He played well in every game. The offense couldn’t provide enough support for F1 forecheckers and their defense couldn’t stop the COL forecheck either. There was no give and only take.

Smith played well given the circumstances.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Varlarmov only had a few more games than Georgiev has when he got a 1st.

Like I said, it's not at all uncommon. Whether it's smart or not is a different question. I do think Georgiev is a really good player, and people shouldn't get blinded by the fact that he kinda "came out of nowhere".
Varlamov was also a 1st round pick living up to his potential and handled the starter role. Fair or not, those lesser known players need to prove themselves more before most are willing to shell out the big bucks

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
He faced almost 150 shots in the last 3 games of the series and didn’t **** himself - it’s not arguable.

True he was good in the PO. But he was bad all season, is 37 YO and is clearly not the long term solution they need.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
The Blues will gladly sell you a gently used Jake Allen to fill your goaltending needs.
Even up the salaries and we might even be convinced to take Neal also.

Not sure what kind of picks would be needed to even up the value.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
I admittedly did not watch nearly all of that series, but every portion I did watch I saw the Flames getting outplayed in all three zones.

It’s cheapening the situation to call it a goaltending problem.

Avs could play more loose and relaxed because they knew their goaltending is superior.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Avs could play more loose and relaxed because they knew their goaltending is superior.

It’s pretty clear your agenda is to make this about goaltending no matter what.

Avalanche were the far better team all around from what I watched. Not even really factoring in goaltending. I’ll take your word for it that the Avs goaltending was better. But you’re foolish if “we need better goaltending” is what you took out of that series. The Avs simply played a far better series. Blaming the goaltending is a cop out, pure and simple.

I’m almost convinced you are straight up trolling.

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
Forget their playoffs. Who will be Flames goalie next season? You think they will re-sign 37 yearold Smith?

They probably do. Outside of Bob-whose next contract in itself, is very likely going to be a tough pill to swallow for the majority of teams that would have interest in him-there really isn't much available for goaltending in the UFA or trade market.

UFA side you have Bob and Varly pretty much as alternatives to Smith. I really don't see Lehner and Mrazek hitting the market and I'd take a 38 y/o Smith over everybody else without even blinking.

Trade side you got who? Allen and Howard. Maybe Jones? Georgiev may be trade fodder, but very doubtful Flames roll with two kids as a tandem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad