will ESPN or ESPN2 televise the draft ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolburnIsGone

I usually use a combination of the sites mentioned (NHL, ESPN, & TSN) because one of them will update it. But I found that actually being in the HF chat room was worth doing as there was some good conversations and then discussions of current picks as soon as they occurred. I'll have to remember to log on to IRC right before the draft starts.

Draftman

Feb 28, 2002
Long Island, NY
Visit site
Don't complain! Before the Internet there was NO WAY to get information on the draft. Back in the 1970's and 80's they would report on the first round but that was about it.

There used to a telephone sports service in NY that I would have to call over and over again in order to get the local picks. If I waited too long, they would stop annoucing them. The local papers would usually only print the first two rounds the next day. I'd have to wait until THN came out to see the entire draft.

Thank G-D for HF, NHL.com, and the Internet!! :banana: :jump:

Ch 4 Action News

Jul 28, 2003
Visit site
Nesn

The New England Sports Network aired TSN's broadcast of the NHL trade deadline this year so I am hoping that they give us some kind of bonus coverage of the draft too. That would be sweet.

RI Canuck

Aug 23, 2003
Rhode Island
Visit site
Anthony Loring said:
The New England Sports Network aired TSN's broadcast of the NHL trade deadline this year so I am hoping that they give us some kind of bonus coverage of the draft too. That would be sweet.

I checked their site today to see future programming and according to the grid they will not show the draft or show TSN.

Parrish

Apr 2, 2004
Decatur; Indiana
VAThrasher said:
Uh, has anyone seen the NHL's ratings in the U.S.? I hate to say it, but I'm glad we're getting 3 hours. Sometimes I think we HF'ers make up about 1/2 the viewing audience.

See this is the realy interesting thing about tv ratings now.For the most part they are completly false.They only know what prolly 1 out of 200 people are actualy watching.Those are the people that have tracking devices on there tv.

The rating companies simply takes that one persons tv scedule and throws it into a huge pool witch is later multiplied by 200.heres an example of how it works....

theres a town with a poplulation of 10,000.well theres prolly 500 people with tracking devices.say that this is the progrming results for that night.

NHL hockey:25
friends:200
wrestling:150
cosby show:50
two girls and a guy xxx:75

Then they they multiplie each tally by 20 to equal the 10,000 people even though realy only 500 were acconted for.

So they would assume of the 10,000 people that 500 people are wtching NHL when in fact it could be any where from 25 people to 9,525.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
nurminen31 said:
Knowing ESPN they will cancel the draft broadcast and put on a dog-show.
There's no way they show a dog show if there's a spelling bee.

User571

Apr 5, 2004
Between the Pipes
parrish11d said:
No, cmon guys lets be honest schools out.It would likely be the world scrable tour.
I dont know-Poker is on a roll right now. i happen to have a game-used ace of spades card of chris moneymaker. I also have a Moneymaker rookie card which I would gladly trade for card #317, the most rare and elusive card in the world.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
McNasty0927 said:
I wish the NHL Draft got as much air time and exposure as the NFL Draft

While I know you're talking about in America, I'm a little surprised they don't show the whole draft in Canada.

Since if we're comparing the level of percentage of people interested in football in the US vs. the percentage of people interested in Hockey in Canada, the Hockey-Canada connection would have a much greater %.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
But theres not that many Canadian teams overall in hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad