Speculation: Will Elliott re-sign in St Louis?

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I know it's still early in the season, but he hasn't looked good in Calgary. Regardless of what all the Blues fans say about him, the only place he's had success in is St Louis.

Jake Allen hasn't exactly taking the reigns as the #1 position with the Blues, is it realistic to think that Elliot will resign with the Blues at a fair contract?

Last edited by a moderator:

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
I believe one of the main reasons Elliott had to leave the STL was the expansion draft, but I may be mistaken.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Despite the numbers, Brian Elliott never really warmed on the Blues brass as to being a true number one starter. They decided to give the reins to Jake Allen, who is younger and had all right numbers. Neither goaltender is doing alright right now. That said, I really don't think Brian Elliott will be back in a Blues sweater.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
I know it's still early in the season, but he hasn't looked good in Calgary. Regardless of what all the Blues fans say about him, the only place he's had success in is St Louis.

Jake Allen hasn't exactly taking the reigns as the #1 position with the Blues, is it realistic to think that Elliot will resign with the Blues at a fair contract?

What....No...

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I believe one of the main reasons Elliott had to leave the STL was the expansion draft, but I may be mistaken.

He asked for a trade if he wasn't going to be the #1 goalie this season. Management decided on Allen.

Both have been terrible since.

Will the Blues have an interest in re-signing Elliott? We have Allen signed long term and Hutton signed next year. We'd certainly kick the tyres if Allen continues to stink it up, but it's way too early to say.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016

Yeah because of Ken Hitchcock. He won't be there next season.

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
He asked for a trade if he wasn't going to be the #1 goalie this season. Management decided on Allen.

Both have been terrible since.

Will the Blues have an interest in re-signing Elliott? We have Allen signed long term and Hutton signed next year. We'd certainly kick the tyres if Allen continues to stink it up, but it's way too early to say.
Oh, thanks.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Carey Price couldn't save us with the way we're currently playing

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Actually a pretty legit question. After the trade you'd have thought Elliott and the Flames would work out a long-term deal, but if things continue to be rocky there, maybe he doesn't sign.

As a Blues fan, I can only hope. I actually would wish for that at this point.

Unfortunately, the organization is probably committed to Allen after the contract they just gave him. But man, he's not very good at all. Elliott may not be a stud either but I was a hell of a lot more confident in him here.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Allen is terrible

He's a pretty good backup at best. I don't see him as a good starting goaltender. He also let in some terrible goals in game 5 against the Sharks last year and the last two games against the Wild in the series the year before.

If it weren't the same management group that gave up on Bishop 5 or 6 years ago, I'd say they're one of maybe two or three teams that make sense to trade for Bishop this season. Seems that ship sailed long ago, over a half a decade ago and I think the Elliott ship sailed a few months ago too. Both Elliott and Allen seem to miss each other, or at least miss the roles they were in last year.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I'm not saying Allen is playing great, but it's definitely not because of him that we can't score. The whole team is playing like garbage. Like Oberyn pointed out above, Price wouldn't help us win at this point.

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
Resign and re-sign. Grammar saves lives and sometimes careers.

Elliot has always been the guy you think is a starter but is not a starter. The Blues were simply so air tight defensively that it inflated his numbers. Conversely, the Calgary D and forwards are so atrocious defensively that his numbers now are likely not as good as they would be on a playoff team. Still, he's not a starter. He's a tandem goalie.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm not saying he's worth a first round pick, I most certainly don't think he's worth a 1st at all. Probably not even a 2nd round pick, if you ask me.

But I wouldn't have been surprised to see Jake Allen bring back a first round pick, after all the recent trades where goalies have brought back a first. Like Martin Jones and Robin Lehner from the summer before.

It seems like any goaltender with potential, who is under 28 or so, might be able to bring back a first round pick these days.

Andersen just brought back a 1st round pick, although Andersen is better than Allen and had played over 40 more NHL games than Allen, including playoffs.

But Andersen is also 2 years older. I wouldn't have been surprised to see them fleece someone for a first round pick for Allen. It probably would have had to happen before the Andersen deal though.

Elliott is 31, so he wasn't bringing back a 1st round pick. Bishop probably would though.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Resign/re-sign and reigns/reins in one post. OCD intensifies.

STL likely won't be able to match another team giving him starter's money on the UFA market, so I can't see it.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
I'm not saying Allen is playing great, but it's definitely not because of him that we can't score. The whole team is playing like garbage. Like Oberyn pointed out above, Price wouldn't help us win at this point.

You either underestimate Price or you overrate the Habs skaters. Blues have a way better team upfront and the best defense in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad