Will Eichel be elite again?

Will Eichel be an elite NHLer again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
Exactly, Eichel was never elite. A very god player but no better then a dozen other very good NHL players that most here would not called elite. Having a carer average PPG of .95 is not elite in the NHL.
He most certainly is :help:

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Totally agree.

The word elite is thrown around today to any player that is having a hot streak.

That said Eichel is a great player who I have watched many times and love what he brings to the table. That said, if Eichel is elite then what is McDavid?
Dictionary definition of elite ”a select group that is superior in terms of ability or qualities to the rest of a group or society”

Reactions: HanSolo

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Totally agree.

The word elite is thrown around today to any player that is having a hot streak.

That said Eichel is a great player who I have watched many times and love what he brings to the table. That said, if Eichel is elite then what is McDavid?

I mean if you wanna say McDavid is the only elite player in the league then sure go ahead but that's not how most people think of the term

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
If he's not fully recovered, he's a lesser version of himself.

Elite vs E-lite.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
He was absolutely elite during the 2019-20 season. He nearly carried a terrible team to the playoffs.
He's very good, and had an excellent season, but one excellent season doesn't make you 'elite'.

Or maybe you just have a much less stringent definition of 'elite'.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He's very good, and had an excellent season, but one excellent season doesn't make you 'elite'.

Or maybe you just have a much less stringent definition of 'elite'.

I think you are underrating the player. He was top 5 that season, and top 15 the prior few before that. That’s an elite player, unless there are only 2-3 elite players in the NHL.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I think you are underrating the player. He was top 5 that season, and top 15 the prior few before that. That’s an elite player, unless there are only 2-3 elite players in the NHL.
I think your assessment of 'top five' and 'top fifteen' are overly optimistic to say the least, and I suspect highly biased.

Let's just say we disagree.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Whats my bias? Buffalo fans told me today that I’m petty towards their team.
First, the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Second, I didn't suggest you were biased towards Buffalo, just Eichel.

If your statements weren't predicated on a bias towards Eichel, I don't know what to say, other than: we disagree.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
He will score 30 goals playing with Mark Stone.

But I don't think Pacoretty is that great anymore, he's more of a second liner. I think Vegas signs Johnny hockey this summer to play on the left side with Jack. The team lacks a pure playmaker.

Gaudreau-Eichel-Stone

Reactions: Fatass

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
He will score 30 goals playing with Mark Stone.

But I don't think Pacoretty is that great anymore, he's more of a second liner. I think Vegas signs Johnny hockey this summer to play on the left side with Jack. The team lacks a pure playmaker.

Gaudreau-Eichel-Stone
Jack is going to be elite again, and soon after he's back. Vegas has a really deep team (especially on the wings and D) so Jack will have support he hasn't had before.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
ya he will be a 70-80pt 1C in vegas for a few years and then regress once that foot speed is gone.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
He'll hit 100+ next season.

I'm sure it could be said for a lot of people, but Mark Stone is the perfect liney for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad