Dreger: Will Duchene move if the Sens go full rebuild?

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
How does Ottawa reach the cap floor if they trade every player with significant AAV?

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
The Duchene trade seen Ottawa move their 2018 first, but it is top-10 protected. So that means they are going to lose their first next season.

I doubt they are going full rebuild without a first next season. They will try to be competitive next season and then make a decision this time next year about what's happening.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
At this point dont even resign Stone and bottom out after next season.... Trade him for some big rebuilding pieces

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
How does that trade look if/when Dutchy leaves?

I don't want to know. Every single HF mock GM on here will start saying players 2+ have no value because they'll just walk and look at Duchene!

Realistically though, Ottawa better have a plan. If they lose Karlsson too their 2018 or 2019 1st will both be gold.

Reactions: Cullen Bohannon

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
How the hell do you extend Dorion after the Duchene trade.

Colorado bout to get another Makar

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
The Duchene trade seen Ottawa move their 2018 first, but it is top-10 protected. So that means they are going to lose their first next season.

I doubt they are going full rebuild without a first next season. They will try to be competitive next season and then make a decision this time next year about what's happening.

Is that clause automatic? or could they give up this year's first and then go full rebuild next year?

Hellraising Senator

Feb 15, 2017
It's hard to be a fan of this team. It was clear the wheels were falling off just before the Turris trade. Someone was saying just before we sent brown down that he was being shielded from a coming shit storm. The players themselves are not happy with he management at all. Boucher is in a rock and hard place. He can't win as motivating the guys is not an easy task. It's just an awful situation. With Karlsson soon to be gone this team is going to be unbearable. They have great things up and coming bit until Melnyk is gone fans and the team is ot ever going to be a contender. The season ticket renewal campaign is the worst in Sens history. It's bad math and blood in Ottawa right now.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Is that clause automatic? or could they give up this year's first and then go full rebuild next year?
Not automatic, but right now they are third bottom of the League. Do you think it will get better?

Letting the Avs have the, let's say, 5th overall pick because you believe you'll be worse next season isn't going to send a great message to the people you hope to buy tickets.

It's just a complete mess of a situation.

Reactions: FishManSam

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY

I thought I saw a mention that Ottawa can surrender the Pittsburgh 1st to Colorado to satisfy the trade condition.

Not sure if that's valid, but that really changes things if it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad