• yay

• nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
He's 7 for 7 so far and looks damn good doing it. The majority will vote nay and they should. Most aren't Hawks fans. They haven't seen his abilities much and know him simply as a former 2nd rounder. And scoring 40 is a tough thing to accomplish in this league.

But if you watch him for long enough, you'll see that this kid is one hell of a goalscorer and is more than capable of accomplishing such a tough challenge.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
he could and I wouldn't be surprised if he had a 40 goal year at some point in his career

but nah,40 goals is something only a few people tend to do a year(and the last time anyone but Ovechkin has hit 50 was 2012)

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I agree with ricky0034. I could see him doing it in his career but probably not this year. Just too few players hit it every year that only a couple guys are good bets.

Luminiferous

Oct 11, 2018
My guess would be 33. Anything can happen. Jason Blake and Laine hit 40.

Last edited:

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Not to be disrespectful, apparently it seems like I’m living under a rock. Who is this guy?

Reactions: SotasicA

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
I really hope so. :)
I've caught a couple Hawks games and he's been excellent.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Not to be disrespectful, apparently it seems like I’m living under a rock. Who is this guy?
#39th overall pick by Chicago in the 2016 draft. Dropped in that draft because he's 5ft7 and some of his linemates in the years before the draft were named Connor McDavid and Dylan Strome.

He scored 28 goals (most out of all Hawks) in his rookie season last year, playing mostly a third line role and getting limited PP time for half the season.

He's now playing on the top line with Toews and a rookie from Germany named Kahun. DeBrincat (or Brinksy as some of us refer to him) has 7g and 4a in 7 games so far this season, in large part to his nasty wrister and awesome positioning skills.

A 9minute highlight video from last year if you really wanted to know who he was (or for anyone else not sure of what he's like).

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
#39th overall pick by Chicago in the 2016 draft. Dropped in that draft because he's 5ft7 and some of his linemates in the years before the draft were named Connor McDavid and Dylan Strome.

He scored 28 goals (most out of all Hawks) in his rookie season last year, playing mostly a third line role and getting limited PP time for half the season.

He's now playing on the top line with Toews and a rookie from Germany named Kahun. DeBrincat (or Brinksy as some of us refer to him) has 7g and 4a in 7 games so far this season, in large part to his nasty wrister and awesome positioning skills.

A 9minute highlight video from last year if you really wanted to know who he was (or for anyone else not sure of what he's like).

Cheers for taking the time to write that! I’ll definitely watch the vid and keep an eye out on him!

Reactions: CallMeShaft

COHawk

Sep 16, 2015
I predicted before the season that he will put up 40 this year. Bold prediction, but he can definitely do it. Will he, we'll see.

I doubt so. Even Kane isn't a 40 goal scorer

You just talking about this year? Cause you know he scored 46 in 2015/16.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
I’m almost certain that he’ll eventually be a 40 goal scorer but it’s hard to predict a 20 year old hitting 40 in his second season. I’d put his release up there with anyone in the NHL. He scores some goals that on first glance look like bad goals to give up but when you watch the replay and see how quick the puck comes off his stick (even from akward shooting positions), you can see how hard it is for the goalie to read it.

Not to mention the dude is a really smart player and is starting to form some pretty good chemistry with Toews (who looks like he found the fountain of youth himself).

DeBrincat lead the hawks in goals last year as a teenager getting minimal PP time (9th on hawks in average PPTOI) and playing most of his time on the third line with Sharp/Hartman. DeBrincat had more goals and points than Sharp and Hartman combined.

He’s pretty good.

Reactions: COHawk

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Perennial 40 goal scorer from here on out IMO. Maybe a 50 in there in a career year. 2nd rounder. What a steal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->