Confirmed with Link: Will Butcher signs with Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
While he doesn't seem like a great prospect the Devils can use some lottery ticket chances on defense.

If he can move the puck and QB the PP he may think he can sneak in as a 6th defenseman or first call up immediately on the Devils.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Glad a sought-after guy picked us.

Sought-after is a relative term. Like ten teams were seeking Nick Lappin and he wasn't really a top top FA guy either. Any decent college FA is going to be sought after by a number of teams.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So if the Avalanche finish higher than us this year, would that mean that they won the Kerfoot for Butcher trade?:sarcasm:

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
*tosses Sabres promo bag in trash*

Although in all honesty that likely happened before the signing

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm not sure he fits on the NHL roster right now. He probably doesn't, unless Santini were to play in the AHL, there's an injury, or we waive Prout and carry Severson, Greene, Mueller, Santini, Moore, Lovejoy, Butcher.

I think he might be like Auvitu right now, who I thought wasn't bad last year. He could be one of those guys who can transition out of the D-zone, but not rack up a whole lot of points. Better than the trash that can't do that.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I have a feeling he might make the team out of camp and be on the roster on opening night.

Reactions: DerekDevils30
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad