Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
giphy.gif

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
He didn’t fit this team and they obviously didn’t want to play him. Clear some
More cap space but I sure hope they end up using it on someone useful.

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
Doing him a favor?
Yeah this is probably it. He's fairly young and casualty of our system due to his limited skating. He can still QB PP and earn himself another NHL deal. He basically wasted a year of his career here and Devils did him a solid. Good luck, Will.

Reactions: My3Sons

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
It's not compensation for anything, Butcher has no value, and the Devils were lucky to get away with dropping him for just a 5th.

while I think this is fair, my question is why? 1 year left and they don't need the cap space

I guess just doing him a favor sort of?

Reactions: mdj12784

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Somebody had to go.

Graves. Hammy
Smith Sevs
Siegenthaler Subban

keeping Butcher around if he was a sour puss not playing would be a mistake. Moving him fir a fifth is fine on balance. If it helps lessen the blow this year for Hammy’s deal until Subban is up at the end of the season is an extra bonus.

GeNeXt

Jul 5, 2012
I would've kept Butcher around just for the sake if Ty Smith has a rough go at times, hits a sophomore slump or gets injured..

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
don’t we have three 4ths next year? that’s fine by me. good luck butcher, i like him but he was way too slow for our system

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
while I think this is fair, my question is why? 1 year left and they don't need the cap space

I guess just doing him a favor sort of?

You're trying to create a winning atmosphere, you don't need players who don't want to be here. They maybe could've bought him out in August but if Greer doesn't file for arbitration then they wouldn't be able to do that.

Reactions: Zajacs Bowl Cut

D3vilsH0ck3y

Jun 10, 2013
I think this move is the best of the day personally.

Butcher was soft and overpaid by about 2.5 million. Getting out of that deal for a 5th is great. I would imagine that cap will be spent elsewhere. Really feel like Tarasenko is the target going forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad