Speculation: Will Brady Tkachuk sign with Ottawa?

Will Tkachuk eventually sign with Ottawa?

• Total voters

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
It's not that bad of a situation for a young player. bad team means less pressure and more time to play/develop.

you only start to care about winning at 25+ if you havent yet

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
He’s going to sign there. Ottawa would be an ideal team for a rookie to play before as there are no expectations with this team for years. Also, he will get a lot of ice time.

He could be one of the faces of this organization in 3 years.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Yes he'll sign. He's not going to go back to college for four years and become a UFA when he could be done his ELC by then instead. He's leaving millions and millions of dollars on the table in that case. The team will suck, but they'll be in a full rebuild and he'll get a ton of opportunities to earn some big fat contracts.

Wouldn't it be going back for three years?

Normally, I wouldn't think a young player would do that. But the son of a multi-millionaire Hall of Very Good former NHL'er may have a totally different mind set from the typical situation. In the end, he very likely signs with the Sens and gets his career started earlier than later. But, I wouldn't be surprised at all if a rich kid who ended up in a bad professional situation just decided to ride it out and sign with whoever he wants later.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
He’s going to sign there. Ottawa would be an ideal team for a rookie to play before as there are no expectations with this team for years. Also, he will get a lot of ice time.
Why does everyone automatically assume that getting big minutes as a rookie on a bad team is an "ideal situation"? Easing (even very good) players into the NHL when they aren't viewed as upper echelon elite or "generational" types would seem to be better for a player.

Reactions: derriko

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Why does everyone automatically assume that getting big minutes as a rookie on a bad team is an "ideal situation"? Easing (even very good) players into the NHL when they aren't viewed as upper echelon elite or "generational" types would seem to be better for a player.
There’s no pressure to perform well in Ottawa. They just need warm bodies at this point.
If he was drafted by a team with a good lineup, it would be difficult for him to crack the roster.
He would get a long leash in Ottawa

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
There are sound and legitimate reasons for him to both sign with Ottawa OR wait and sign elswhere.

That said, the situation in Ottawa could be very different in 2 years than it is today once they have settled on the assets that will have been acquired in an EK65 trade.

The bleak outlook could actually be something quite different (in a good way)

Or....

They can continue to be a dumpster fire.

Hes not signing this year that would be stupid.

At least get a feel of what they are actually doing. Not what they tell you they WANT to do.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Brady will go back to BU for one more year and sign with the Sens next year.

He'll join EK, Duchene and Stone on a Sens squad with a much different outlook under new ownership.

Sorry haters, changes are coming.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Brady will go back to BU for one more year and sign with the Sens next year.

He'll join EK, Duchene and Stone on a Sens squad with a much different outlook under new ownership.

Sorry haters, changes are coming.

I would like to know who prescribed you medication that leads you to believe that Stone will return next year *and* there will be new ownership.

Back to the subject (though let me know, I got a vacation coming up in a week and would loved to be spaced out in positivity on a beach), I don't see Brady deciding to take off. His dad didn't walk when Winnipeg was cold and terrible. He played his ass off, team got relocated, continued to play his ass off, then got traded to St. Louis where he eventually stopped playing his ass off and instead let his ass get big. But point being, he didn't try to get out of Winnipeg when it was clear there was no future for hockey in Winnipeg. He still suited up and hoped for the best. I'm sure his sons see the game the same way.

Reactions: dwright5314

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I would like to know who prescribed you medication that leads you to believe that Stone will return next year *and* there will be new ownership.

Back to the subject (though let me know, I got a vacation coming up in a week and would loved to be spaced out in positivity on a beach), I don't see Brady deciding to take off. His dad didn't walk when Winnipeg was cold and terrible. He played his ass off, team got relocated, continued to play his ass off, then got traded to St. Louis where he eventually stopped playing his ass off and instead let his ass get big. But point being, he didn't try to get out of Winnipeg when it was clear there was no future for hockey in Winnipeg. He still suited up and hoped for the best. I'm sure his sons see the game the same way.
The ownership change will take place this season and Stone, EK and Duchene will be re-signed to usher in the new era in Sens hockey.

Pile on now, but be sure to show up and apologize when this happens.

Enjoy your vacation.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Thread title questions does not match poll question ..
Should be allowed to change your answer.
He will sign with Ottawa .. maybe not this year

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
There’s no pressure to perform well in Ottawa. They just need warm bodies at this point.
If he was drafted by a team with a good lineup, it would be difficult for him to crack the roster.
He would get a long leash in Ottawa
I'm saying that playing on a bad team can be hard. And that can lead to lower than expected early results. It can hurt the player's top end potential and curtail production even just a few years later.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
this is a stupid thread.

hes not waiting 3 years (?) to go pro just to pick his team. he'll be a pro next year

I agree. Out of the 1st round picks since the Salary Cap era, how many 1st round pick NCAA guys ever ended up not signing with the club that drafted them?

Kevin Hayes, 24th OA in 2010 by Chicago played all 4 years at college and signed with NYR. But, he put up a combined 67 points from his Freshman to Junior seasons, average of 22 points a year. In his senior year, he put up 65 points. He took a while to find his offensive game.

Did it help him to break out in the NCAA before going to the NHL? In the 4 years he has put up point totals from 36 to 49. Average of about 43 points per year, so just over 0.5 ppg.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Calgary Flames licking their chops to get this guy to play with Matthew.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad