Prospect Info: Will Borgen (2015, 92nd) – '17-18: Signed ELC, Reporting To Rochester

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Maybe Taylor is taking the advice of the USA Olympic Coach and just not play Borgen...ever.

Haha, yeah. Probably has more to do with having most of the D healthy. Paetsch is out again, not sure if that is health related and Goers has been on the IR I think since the Kennedy administration,

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Still wondering if Borgen is ultimately the long-term partner for Dahlin and if he'll be in Buffalo sooner than we think.

Reactions: Revelate

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
Still wondering if Borgen is ultimately the long-term partner for Dahlin and if he'll be in Buffalo sooner than we think.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t spend the whole season in Rochester. He plays a very pro game.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012

It would be perfect since Borgen is a classic pure defenseman that would let Dahlin do his thing...too bad they both play the right side.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t spend the whole season in Rochester. He plays a very pro game.

That's what I'm thinking as well. Different style, but looking at guys like Pesce or Parayko who came out with similar experience and then plugged in nicely sooner rather than later, he continues to have me very intrigued.

I want training camp soon. :(

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It would be perfect since Borgen is a classic pure defenseman that would let Dahlin do his thing...too bad they both play the right side.

Considering the team has made no acknowledgement of which side they intend to play him and he played well on both sides in the SHL, it's still a possibility. There is plenty of talk about Dahlin breaking in on LD as it is -- but our crack press staff haven't asked anyone and probably wouldn't know how to follow up to find out what the staff is thinking so it's still ambiguous at this moment.

Reactions: joshjull

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Who are they going to ask? Dahlin isn't a part of the organization...they aren't going to answer beyond that. They've talked to Dahlin officially zero times. This is way premature

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
He passes every eye test live. I wasn't high on him before but this year I'm enamored. Can't wait for him and Samulesson to be patrolling the blueline.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
It would be nice to have some more room on d. I think both Borgen and Gihle should get a stint if we are out of the playoff race, as a preparation for the years to come. Hard to do that without trading Scandella/Beaulieu.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Would be amazing if he could slide in for Bogo in a couple of years and play with Dahlin, be the steady stay at home guy while Dahlin freelances. Love his development so far.

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
Would be amazing if he could slide in for Bogo in a couple of years and play with Dahlin, be the steady stay at home guy while Dahlin freelances. Love his development so far.

I don’t think it’s coincidence that they had them skate together this summer.

Reactions: sabresEH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->