Prospect Info: Will Borgen (2015, 92nd) – '17-18: Signed ELC, Reporting To Rochester

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Would anyone bite on a ceiling for Borgen being young Robyn Regehr before the injuries took away his skating.
I'm intrigued to hear posters opinions on Borgen's ceiling and floor. I've barely watched him play any hockey.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I'm intrigued to hear posters opinions on Borgen's ceiling and floor. I've barely watched him play any hockey.

I've seen a few of his games.

I'm unsure hiw offensive he can be. That's why some compare him to Weber because he might only score 1-2 goals a year.

My expectations is a solid bottom pair Dman. If he can become a solid mid pair Dman then that will be great.

He got selected for U20 team and for the Olympic team say something about him.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
I've seen a few of his games.

I'm unsure hiw offensive he can be. That's why some compare him to Weber because he might only score 1-2 goals a year.

My expectations is a solid bottom pair Dman. If he can become a solid mid pair Dman then that will be great.

He got selected for U20 team and for the Olympic team say something about him.

Most of our current defensemen are already quite offensive. Yet they don't provide much offense.

Reactions: DJN21 and Snippit

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
There is a reason his nick is "Spud"?
Youth hockey in Moorhead:
UeoA85Ma_400x400.jpg

It really doesn't get much better than an angry, lumpy anthropomorphic potato hockey player logo.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Maybe this’ll mean a little bit less panic if the Sabres draft guys who are going to college route in the future. Naaaaaah, who am I kidding. :biglaugh:

Last edited:

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
Maybe this’ll mean a little bit less panic if the Sabres draft guys who are going to college route in the future. Naaaaaah, who am I kidding. :biglaugh:

After seeing how Housley treats Borgen (pressbox buddies with Antipin) next year, college players will refuse to sign with us.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Not enough mean and power?

Young Regehr was fearsome. I don't see that much in Borgen's game to go there, but he does seem to relish contact and will catch people because his skating is very good. Even with relatively quick guys, he can close with and connect with people open ice. They haven't had that sort of active hitting element since McNabb left, and lets not think Nabber was any sort of mobile.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Young Regehr was fearsome. I don't see that much in Borgen's game to go there, but he does seem to relish contact and will catch people because his skating is very good. Even with relatively quick guys, he can close with and connect with people open ice. They haven't had that sort of active hitting element since McNabb left, and lets not think Nabber was any sort of mobile.
McCabe was showing signs until he laid out Laine.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
McCabe was showing signs until he laid out Laine.

He's been inconsistently aggressive since he was drafted. But a difference between the two at the NCAA level to me is that Borgen is much better at picking his spots. Not that it always works - going for the hit will get everyone exposed at times, but I like Borgen's thinking more than McCabe at least through a couple years of college. In McCabe's pantheon of skills though is the occasional offensive jump that is more a hint in Borgen's game than anything at this point.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Watched Manson and the Ducks again last night and was left with the "if only" thought. That would be an excellent path if Borgen can deliver on it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad