Will Auston Matthews break Rick Vaive's record this season?

Will Auston Matthews break Rick Vaive's record this season?

• Total voters

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
So Auston Matthews is on fire right now with 34 goals in just 47 games. That's a 59 goal pace over a full 82 game season. So he's basically easilly on pace to break Rick Vaive's record right now. But will Auston Matthews be able to pull it off, or will he slow down and fall short in the end. 55 goals is a pretty tall order after all. Only Cheechoo, Ovechkin and Stamkos has been able to score 55 or more since the 2004-05 lockout.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
I'm going to assume these were sarcasm, right?

....right?
I could google him but that was the OPs job so no, still have no clue, and the question still makes no sense other than will Austen Matthews score more then 55 goals, which Im guessing this Vaive guy did but thats no record lol

Reactions: c3z4r and TychoFan

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
If Marner plays the rest of the season, then Matthews has a chance. If Marner misses any time, then no. (My view is that Marner is the best player on the Leafs, and Matthews benefits from Marner more than Marner benefits from Matthews.)

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Blueboy

Apr 15, 2019
I could google him but that was the OPs job so no, still have no clue, and the question still makes no sense other than will Austen Matthews score more then 55 goals, which Im guessing this Vaive guy did but thats no record lol
You are embarrassing yourself. I would tell you to stop posting in Leafs threads but it’s always funny reading your posts. (Not a compliment)

He’ll come close this year, unsure if he’ll do it this year but he will in the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad