Will anyone be drafted from the Golden Russian team?

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
well he just said he doesnt like it there in USA. (he said living not NHL or anything hockey related)

tbh a lot of ppl doesn't like it there i was fed up with US style of living spending just a summer in LA

at least he's being honest not making these arse-licking statements

It's not arse-licking. It's polite behavior. And Sobchenko didn't just said he doesn't like life in USA(that's ok, his buisness). There was also "they're bad people" statement.

Young guy not thinking what he's saying.

Lucky7

Dec 26, 2008
Artem Panarin 5'9"

Evgeni Dadonov 5'10"

Sergei Korostin 5'10"

David Desharnais 5'6" :nod:

I would take a chance with Panarin

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Artem Panarin 5'9"

Evgeni Dadonov 5'10"

Sergei Korostin 5'10"

David Desharnais 5'6" :nod:

I would take a chance with Panarin

Not only he is 5'8(5'9 is generous) he is also 154 lbs.

Mathradio

Drive for 25
Oct 11, 2010
consanguinephysics.wordpress.com
The transfer agreement fiasco will stop all but the most talented Russians from being drafted high for as long as it takes to get an agreement done. No NHL team is going to waste a high pick on a guy who may not ever play here (beyond the normal risks associated with drafting)

The KHL really wanted to make that happen... the NHL has a greater responsibility as to why it failed than the KHL had, IMO.

RandallRitchey

Formerly the Bergy Gif guy on Twitter
Jan 26, 2008
St. Louis
www.stlouisgametime.com
I think Burdasov, Dvurechensky and Sobchenko have a chanche to be drafted in late rounds

I'd like to see the Blues try and get Dvurechensky in the later rounds if possible. Hopefully after adding Nikitin to the organization (and boy is he putting up the points in the AHL). Then taking the perfect risk in grabbing Tarasenko.

I would argue against Sobchenko either. Burdasov, I just don't believe he's got what it takes to put it all together in the NHL.

Fulcrum

Sergei Samsonov, good or not- can you remind me where he is playing right now? :)- 5'8''

Although I agree, in this day and age, it's unlike that ANYone from this team will get drafted that already isn't. Including Panarin, his size certainly doesn't help.

But as Alessandro said, 2 goals in the final game- and 2 assists + winning SO goal for his team in KHL in the first game back. He can hold his own.

Hopefully he'll become something the likes of Mozyakin, Sushinksy, Zinoviev (atleast)- they are not Great players, but they are good players who certainly add competition for the Russian NT. Small, but very skilled and dangerous against EU teams.

pouskin74*

Sergei Samsonov, good or not- can you remind me where he is playing right now? :)- 5'8''

Although I agree, in this day and age, it's unlike that ANYone from this team will get drafted that already isn't. Including Panarin, his size certainly doesn't help.

But as Alessandro said, 2 goals in the final game- and 2 assists + winning SO goal for his team in KHL in the first game back. He can hold his own.

Hopefully he'll become something the likes of Mozyakin, Sushinksy, Zinoviev (atleast)- they are not Great players, but they are good players who certainly add competition for the Russian NT. Small, but very skilled and dangerous against EU teams

its like Zinovyev isnt dangerous against NA teams :sarcasm:

Fulcrum

As a Russian fan living in N.A. - this is a win win situation for me.

If they are drafted and decide to play in the NHL- great, especially if they can manage to get a spot like Burmi. They'll likely be good players from the experience.

If they don't get drafted, it's unlikely they'll ever come to N.A. IMO they'll develop better in Russia and add to the KHL as a league, making it a younger more intriguing league.

Their talent isn't going anywhere, regardless of what happens. KHL is challenging and competative enough to support it.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
As a Russian fan living in N.A. - this is a win win situation for me.

If they are drafted and decide to play in the NHL- great, especially if they can manage to get a spot like Burmi. They'll likely be good players from the experience.

If they don't get drafted, it's unlikely they'll ever come to N.A. IMO they'll develop better in Russia and add to the KHL as a league, making it a younger more intriguing league.

Their talent isn't going anywhere, regardless of what happens. KHL is challenging and competative enough to support it.

not true, by being on the KHL roster and playing none to 2-3 shifts a game their progress will be Pejorative Slured - that isn't the way to develop talent.

Fulcrum

You have a point. On the other hand, they will be developed in the Russian system with a different emphasis than in the N.A. game. This development, as proven in the past, works better for european players.

And yes, its 2-3 shifts at first! But it does eventually begin to grow. Kuznetsov started with 2-3 shifts, now he is playing 13-15 min per game. Same for Panarin, Tarasenko...

If we look at this in the long-term, when the KHL teams will realize that having youth is advantageous. They're heading in that direction, I believe.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
yes and no, read what Orlov, Bocharov and others are sying...they all wanna leave Russia...there's a reason and it's not their agents or money (they will get paid pennies, comparing to what they get paid in the KHL/MHL)

Fulcrum

Orlov for obvious reasons has a chance with Washington, any player in the world would take that opportunity if they were in his shoes.

Bocharov on the other hand never specified if actually wants to leave Russia. His terms are simple, if they let him play in Ak Bars- he'll stay. If not he will either look for another club in Russia and only then in N.A. He knows that he'll likely end up in Can. juniors at best. It's sad to hear him say negative things about MHL, since that's what made him somewhat popular in the first place. Although I would agree, that he has outgrown it.

Ofcourse, the tendency to leave is still very strong, you are right. Atleast now they think twice.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Best for Bocharov and the likes right now - signing some sort of one year lease (like K.Petrov) with weaker KHL clubs, that have a hard time attracting talent due to geographical or financial situation: Yugra, Avto,Kuznya, Vityaz', Amur and etc. and proving they are worth a spot in the KHL.

So far looks bad - after Bocharovs interview and junior success Ak Bars goes out signs a garbage AHL player Jonas Andersson rather than let their kids play.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
So far looks bad - after Bocharovs interview and junior success Ak Bars goes out signs a garbage AHL player Jonas Andersson rather than let their kids play.

Was about to post this. Jeez, Ak Bars have 5-6 excellent juniors and guess how many of them play even 1 shift a game? :help:
I don't get them. Yeah until they lose a KHL title they are right, but come on. We're talking with all the due respect about Jonas Andersson ...

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Was about to post this. Jeez, Ak Bars have 5-6 excellent juniors and guess how many of them play even 1 shift a game? :help:
I don't get them. Yeah until they lose a KHL title they are right, but come on. We're talking with all the due respect about Jonas Andersson ...

If Bocharov and Golubev will reach Jonas Andersson's level in his career you're lucky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad