Will anyone be drafted from the Golden Russian team?

ComeAtMeBro*

I really liked Sergeyev, and of course Tarasenko (I seriously think this kid will be a premier player in the NHL soon). Call me crazy but I would be willing to use a 7th on their goalie.

Pulkkinen

Elias Lindholm.
Apr 19, 2010
Barcelona.
twitter.com
I don't see any problem taking a chance with one of them at lower rounds. Maybe will be more difficult to land them to North America, but if i had the option to pick a potential Top 6 player at the bottom of the Draft, i'll do it. Shikin will be a great pick specially with the weak crop of Goalies for this promotion. Maybe a bit inconsistent, but he showed promising things. Dvurechenskiy, Sobchenko and maybe Panarin and Burdasov will have a spot, specially the first two. They can be good players, obviously not stars, but solid players and with regular contribution.

We have to take players as a reference, not the transfer context. Things can change really fast, and if i have the chance to pick a good player, wherever he play, i'll take them. Every player is a different world and he plays in a different scenario. Maybe the precedents are not the best, but they showed really promising things.

nitz

Jul 27, 2009
who's the russian that has the Scott Hartnell hair? I think he's a d-man but I'm not sure. Anywho, I really liked him a lot.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Kalinin - is a great player - works hard, can chip in with a goal sometimes, never gives up - will be a great 3rd liner if his development continues. I didn't know who he was untill this season, then I see him during the subway series and he looked great - but the Canadian talent was diluted between the many leagues plus each league fielded pretty much two teams, but he continued to work hard during this WJC, proved Bragin right for picking him and while looking less flushy - still got the job done and scored a huge goal.
Burdasov - not impressed, with such a body and speed - should be able to do more, probably just needs a bigger ice surface to truly shine.
Zaitsev - was supposed to be drafted last year, he thought (correct me if I am wrong) he's going to philly.
Sergeev - is not an NHL player and never will be - not physical enough for a d-man, but may excel in the KHL.
Dvurechenskiy - I am kinda a fan, but something is missing there - I don't think he will be a great player, but a good one.
Shikin needs a lot of work - his agility is not on a professional hockey level, his rebound control is absent, I don't see "school" there - if any team has good goalie development coaches - he may be worth a risk in the low rounds of draft. I think it would REALLY benefit him to play in the CHL instead of being suspended somewhere in Russia between KHL (he will NOT play for SKA, VHL - I believe VMF have a decent goalie Ezhov there already and MHL which he's overgrown.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
Looks like Sobchenko called himself out of the NHL

- Не было мысли остаться в Северной Америке, как это сделал Максим Кицын?

- Нет, мне не нравится их жизнь.

- Didn't you think about remaining in North America, like Kitsyn?

- No, I don't like life there.

Analyzer*

I have two hopes.

One Montréal drafts Dvurechenskiy

Two he changes his name so it's easier to spell.

Defensive Forward

Aug 5, 2010
Ontario
Looks like Sobchenko called himself out of the NHL

- Не было мысли остаться в Северной Америке, как это сделал Максим Кицын?

- Нет, мне не нравится их жизнь.

- Didn't you think about remaining in North America, like Kitsyn?

- No, I don't like life there.

That's too bad. I thought that he was the best undrafted Russian in the tournament. I still can't figure out how Zaytsev didn't get drafted either.

Moro

Jul 6, 2007
One Montréal drafts Dvurechenskiy

Two he changes his name so it's easier to spell.

It's easy, sure.:) Just break it to three parts. Dvu'-rechen-skiy. "Dvu" like "Dvorak", then you can make a little pause, then "rechen" like "Rachel" and "skiy" like "ski".

"dvU-rechenski", not "dvuruchEnski".

I think Dvurechenskiy is able to follow Grabovsky way. Two years to become leader of Moscow Dynamo and one year in AHL.

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Sobchenko was eligible last year and was passed on without being drafted. I get the feeling that won't happen this year. I see someone taking a late round flier on him.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I was most impressed by Sobchenko, as far as all of the undrafted players go.

TatarBashqort

Jul 14, 2010
Ufa
is Artemy Panarin drafted?

just wanted to say, i'm watching SKA-Vityaz right now it's 3-4 for Vityaz..and Panarin is so f***ing awesome:handclap: it's his first game after WJC, second period on the way he's 2points already (0+2) also he plays on Vityaz PP.

gosh it's KHL and he's 19y old yeah? and he's having so much heart in this game fearless against star-stacked SKA

lovely game just lovely

P:S: Vityz Go! Panarin for more points!:handclap:

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
My first impression of Panarin is that he is a too small for NHL.

But unlike many bigger Russian players, he is gritty. This kid plays with a lot of heart and isn't afraid to battle along the boards.

He's a skilled and scrappy little player.

TatarBashqort

Jul 14, 2010
Ufa
My first impression of Panarin is that he is a too small for NHL.

But unlike many bigger Russian players, he is gritty. This kid plays with a lot of heart and isn't afraid to battle along the boards.

He's a skilled and scrappy little player.

i understand that NHL small-ice surface is made for more physical play and needs bigger body to be efficient but stil i don't think it's the "unbreakable rule" Panarin showed it in the final

P:S: and well i realy don't care would he be a NHLer or not, i want to see him in senior Team Russia, i hope he won't stop progressing

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I'm kind of surprised by the love for Sobchenko...I didn't think he had a great tourney, and he played a lot on the top line with Tarasenko and Kitsyn.

I did like Panarin but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he was undrafted. Kalinin looked good. Dvurechenskiy might be a late flyer. Who really knows when it comes to drafting Russians though.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
I'm kind of surprised by the love for Sobchenko...I didn't think he had a great tourney, and he played a lot on the top line with Tarasenko and Kitsyn.

I did like Panarin but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he was undrafted. Kalinin looked good. Dvurechenskiy might be a late flyer. Who really knows when it comes to drafting Russians though.

I wasn't that impressed by Sobchenko either, besides, his interviews will not help him get drafted.

TatarBashqort

Jul 14, 2010
Ufa
I wasn't that impressed by Sobchenko either, besides, his interviews will not help him get drafted.

well he just said he doesnt like it there in USA. (he said living not NHL or anything hockey related)

tbh a lot of ppl doesn't like it there i was fed up with US style of living spending just a summer in LA

at least he's being honest not making these arse-licking statements

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Sobchenko quietly had a very good tournament. He didn't stand out but was the 'glue' of his line that allowed his wingers to excel. He did all the little things right....responsible defensively too.

Don't forget he was, game in-out, Russia's best forward during the Subway Series Series.....even better than Kitsyn who was wildly inconsistent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad