Will anyone be drafted from the Golden Russian team?

Fulcrum

I'm thinking the following players have a chance:

-Burdasov
-Kalinin
-Panarin

It would be sad not to see any of these guys in the NHL someday...

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
In my opinion, Burdasov played a rather poor tournament all around.

I could see the other two perhaps, but i wasn't really paying much attention to them. I'm going to say that none of them make it as first rounders.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006

-Burdasov
-Kalinin
-Panarin

Panarin? Guy is really small and not so great as a player.

Kalinin and Burdasov were not impact players, yeah Kalinin scored a very important goal, but nothing more.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Sobchenko, Shikin and Urychev have a chance. But Russia was mostly carried by drafted players: Tarasenko, Kuznetsov, Kitsyn and Orlov.

VladNYC*

The are alot of under the rader guys on this team. Golubov, Sergeev. Panarin is very highly talked about in Russia. And Shikin should def get a look. I hope the Caps draft all of them lol!

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
The whole team would be drafted if they were North American, but considering the 'Russian factor':

Panarin - No. Talented but small and weak.
Kalinin - No. His motor never stops but has limited offensive potential imo. Fantastic utility player at this level though.
Burdasov - Yes. Very good skills with an NHL build....must put it together though. Good project player to draft in later rounds.

imo others worth consideration - Shikin, Zaitsev, Berezin, Urychev, Sobchenko, Golubev, maybe Dvurechensky.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
The whole team would be drafted if they were North American, but considering the 'Russian factor':

Kalinin - No. His motor never stops but has limited offensive potential imo. Fantastic utility player at this level though.
Burdasov - Yes. Very good skills with an NHL build....must put it together though. Good project player to draft in later rounds.

imo others worth consideration - Shikin, Zaitsev, Berezin, Urychev, Sobchenko, Golubev, maybe Dvurechensky.

More or less I agree. Panarin is a good player, but as you said, he has no NHL body. Kalinin doesn't have enough offensive potential, he's just a member of the Kazionovs/Shafigullins of this world. Burdasov - dunno why he wasn't drafted, he's a big skilled player - not next Ovechkin, but a good player.
Shikin imho is not an NHL caliber goalie, Zaitsev is a bit too up and down, but still I don't get why he wasnt drafted. Berezin and Urychev...hmm, average (from NHL POV). Sobchenko is a great junior player, I'd draft him. Golubev is good, but I don't see him drafted (even though he's very good one on one and is a neat playmaker), Dvurechensky .... I'd draft him in a hartbeat, he could be a good third liner in the NHL if you don't expect too much Canadian antics, he's got a good frame and good technique as well, watch the 5th goal tonight.

pouskin74*

no doubt!

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
Dvurechensky .... I'd draft him in a hartbeat, he could be a good third liner in the NHL if you don't expect too much Canadian antics, he's got a good frame and good technique as well, watch the 5th goal tonight.

And Dvurechensky also played well in the Super Series tournament earlier (along with the drafted Kitsyn), where Nikita got two goals and four assists.

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
Dvurechensky .... I'd draft him in a hartbeat, he could be a good third liner in the NHL if you don't expect too much Canadian antics, he's got a good frame and good technique as well, watch the 5th goal tonight.

Alessandro, is this the year habs draft DVU ? ;) we have been hearing about him ever since the habs draft Avstyn and both play together in the mhl. as really impressive tonight with his size/skill package tonight. his goal was a thing of beauty

really like Burdasov all tournament long

Eaglepride*

1 or maybe 2 as highest most the others ->KHL

I'm sure the Russian factor will prevent many of them beeing drafted

tiz

Oct 27, 2006
Nova Scotia
Burdasov's toughness shouldn't be challenged, he got hit hard a few times and didn't miss a shift.

Orlov was impressive.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004

-Burdasov
-Kalinin
-Panarin

The Caps have a couple players on that team already drafted(Kuznetsov, Orlov)... I'm guessing other teams might have a few as well.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
You need to check your TV signal.

Sorry, Burdasov was awful... Give away after give away. Has the one toe drag move, worked once the whole tournament, tried it about twenty times. Kind of player that likes to dangle. Was one of the few players to be a minus for the Russians, and like Pierre said: the guy just can't finish!

Last edited:

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Panarin? Guy is really small and not so great as a player.

Kalinin and Burdasov were not impact players, yeah Kalinin scored a very important goal, but nothing more.

Agreed with Burdasov, but Panarin has and showed a very good skill set and grit for his size.
Kalinin was a very important player because he wins battles, and compliments the good players. Didn't like him on the roster coming in, but now I see why Bragin brought him. One word with him - Grit. He was a silent warrior for the Russians. Check out the Kitsyn goal again from yesterday. That was a great example of an amazing behind the scenes play that Kalinin made to forward the puck to Kuznetsov by winning a battle between two Canadian guys. It's a lot of little plays like these....

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
The transfer agreement fiasco will stop all but the most talented Russians from being drafted high for as long as it takes to get an agreement done. No NHL team is going to waste a high pick on a guy who may not ever play here (beyond the normal risks associated with drafting)

NewFang

Aug 4, 2008
I don't see many NHL impact players , on ANY teams in this tournament.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
Sorry, Burdasov was awful... Give away after give away. Has the one toe drag move, worked once the whole tournament, tried it about twenty times. Kind of player that likes to dangle. Was one of the few players to be a minus for the Russians, and like Pierre said: the guy just can't finish!

Lol like Pierre is a guy you can trust when he talks about Euros.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Burdasov is an underachiever, but I would draft him. A late-round pick on a guy like this a good low-risk/high reward move imo.

Dvurechensky, Zaitsev and Sobchenko should all get drafted. All 3 have good upside.

I had high hopes for Berdyukov, but he turned out to be one of the bigger disappointments.

Urychev, Berezin and Sergeyev are interesting stay-at-home D-men that are worth considering.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad