Will anyone be 1 assist per game this year(full season)

Johnny Rifle

Pittsburgh Penguins
Apr 7, 2018
Hampton, VA
The trend lately is to have three or four balanced lines rather than front-load your stars on the top line. From a Penguins perspective, I can picture Crosby getting 100 assists if Malkin and Kessel are on his wings. Put McDavid with Nuge and Drai and he will have similar success.

I don't know which approach works leads to more wins, but if everyone's PP group was the de facto first line, NHL games would become a lot more interesting to watch.

Last edited:

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Both connor and jack could.

Jack will do it at some point in his career even on Buffalo And he may come close this year. He’s got 58 Assists in his last 79 games and he’s
Played just ten of those with a sniper. In those ten games he’s gotten fifteen assists. So yeah, he’s on pace to actually come close and he’s been snakebitten this year, he could easily have way more assists.

Not even close.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Not even close.

How can you even say that?

He’s gotten 12 assists in ten games with skinner, and over 82 games you think it’s not even close? The guy one was assist shy of 40 in just 67 games last year with no one who could bury.

Well see how close it is. He should already be running away with the scoring title with the amount of chances that haven’t gone in. You can laugh at that all you want but he’s seven back he’s had three posts, two from Reinhart that’s five right there and then all the tap ins sheary fanned on at least ten in three games. Not to mention the other scoring chances. This was before skinner joined the line. I realize all stars get chances but as i said Eichels dominating offensive zone time and shots and he’s not even a goal scorer, he makes the most with the least out of anyone not mcdavid. Pat kane is close too.

I always thought you to be a decent poster as I recognize the av but I also notice (the av) you bash Eichel quite a bit of undermine his talents.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Both connor and jack could.

Jack will do it at some point in his career even on Buffalo And he may come close this year. He’s got 58 Assists in his last 79 games and he’s
Played just ten of those with a sniper. In those ten games he’s gotten fifteen assists. So yeah, he’s on pace to actually come close and he’s been snakebitten this year, he could easily have way more assists.

How exactly is one snake bitten with assists?

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
How can you even say that?

He’s gotten 12 assists in ten games with skinner, and over 82 games you think it’s not even close? The guy one was assist shy of 40 in just 67 games last year with no one who could bury.

Well see how close it is. He should already be running away with the scoring title with the amount of chances that haven’t gone in. You can laugh at that all you want but he’s seven back he’s had three posts, two from Reinhart that’s five right there and then all the tap ins sheary fanned on at least ten in three games. Not to mention the other scoring chances. This was before skinner joined the line. I realize all stars get chances but as i said Eichels dominating offensive zone time and shots and he’s not even a goal scorer, he makes the most with the least out of anyone not mcdavid. Pat kane is close too.

I always thought you to be a decent poster as I recognize the av but I also notice (the av) you bash Eichel quite a bit of undermine his talents.

How am I bashing him by saying he won't finish with 82 assists in 82 games!?

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Doubt it this year unless McDavid goes inn. Tea.

I would say Mackinnon or rantanen but i don’t know because like mcdavid a lot of the points they get may just be goals.

Aho doesent have the support needed just yet but maybe in the future.

Eichels got a serious chance at 70
IMHO now that he’s with skinner.

First time skinner had had a elite playmaking center first time Eichel
Had a had a legit 35 goal sniper on his line.

They’ve only been together for ten games and they’ve combined for 30 pts.

Eichel has gone PPG pretty much in the last 144 games (140 pts)

The amount of time he spends in the offensive zone with the puck is insane so I wouldn’t rule him out, with him being an assist guy this year it could happen. Only reason he may miss out is because the coach waited till the 7th game to put them together. What a fool.

The way every single one of your posts slowly morphs into a wall of text about Jack Eichel is a real talent.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
How exactly is one snake bitten with assists?

I meant more who he’s played with this year due to the multiple amount of chances that have been fanned on. However He himself has been snake bitten with four goals. He’s top 6 in shots and like pointed out has the puck in the offensive zone more often then almost anyone else. He’s hit multiple posts, had goals called off and he’s even bad linemates hit multiple posts and fanned on tap ins before skinner joined. (Sheary reinhart)

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
The way every single one of your posts slowly morphs into a wall of text about Jack Eichel is a real talent.

Were talking about him here and they asked me, if it fits the bill which it does as he’s an assist leader and is on a torrid pace now that someone can finish I fail to see how this isn’t pertaining to this discussion.

Guess I should just change my username because people will never take what I say serious due to the homerism. Thing is, I won’t say something if it’s not true. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been quoted alone In the last two
Weeks with people saying “and people laughed at you when you said this would Happen” sure enough it did.

I don’t see what I’m doing wrong people talk about how amazkng mcdavid and Matthews are all the time, I’m just speaking the truth.

How am I bashing him by saying he won't finish with 82 assists in 82 games!?

No, by saying not even close with no explanation. But mostly due to what I’ve seen you post in the past. Would you consider assists in the mid to high sixties close to 82? Because I predict that’s where he finishes shouldn’t him and skinner stay healthy for 75-80 games.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Were talking about him here and they asked me, if it fits the bill which it does as he’s an assist leader and is on a torrid pace now that someone can finish I fail to see how this isn’t pertaining to this discussion.

There's a certain value in being concise and to the point. Constantly creating these walls of text about Jack Eichel in every single thread just assures people will tune you out.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
There's a certain value in being concise and to the point. Constantly creating these walls of text about Jack Eichel in every single thread just assures people will tune you out.

That’s fair, I’m cutting down on that or attempting too. I just have lots to say, but also I’m an easy target. Either between people not liking or seeing Eichel play regularly they think I’m just being a homer yet as I edited above and you may of missed no one says anything when mcdavid Mackinnon Matthews are given praise. I don’t see why I can’t when it’s deserved. Because of my username? Sure. I just gotta realize not everyone needs to know everything about every player and just chill.

I was on these forums for over decade before he even played in the league so it’s not like that’s not my only play on here.

You eichel fans r obviously new to hockey

Not in the least but that’s some fascinating insight. Is there something wrong with choosing him? I’m not asking you because I couldn’t care less if you said there was but I’m asking you why you’d even say that?

Reactions: Viktor Vaughn

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Connor McDavid is probably the only guy who could possibly do it but he'd have to "cheat" and pass up really good shots and cost his teams goals and perhaps games in the process. So realistically, no, no one will do this again unless scoring goes back up like it did from 05-07

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
The Leafs PP funnels through Marner right now...he's the right side. He's going to get a lot of assists with Tavares and Matthews as his options (not to mention Rielly).

Reactions: Barry Amsterdam

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Rantanen 35
Marner 33
Wheeler 32

To put that into perspective, McDavid has 36 points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->