Will anyone be 1 assist per game this year(full season)

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
Nobody has put up 82+ assists in a season since Henrik Sedin in 09-10 when he had 83.

Some notable players currently on pace are

Kucherov 30 in 29 games
Wheeler 32 in 29games
Marner 33 in 28 games
Rantanen 35 in 28 games

The assist guys in the league often go unloved so I thought this could be a good thread for them

Last edited:

Johnny Rifle

Pittsburgh Penguins
Apr 7, 2018
Hampton, VA
Wheeler may have a shot if he stays healthy, and Backstrom has Ovechkin helping him with assists, but I tend to side with recent history. I'd bet against it happening.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
wheeler has 5 5v5 assists this year, the same number as the likes of jake mccabe and tobias rieder. no way is he going to sustain that PP production.
wait, he has 12 poweplay Points, and since has no goals, that must mean 12 assist and he has a total of 20 assisist.
8 assists on 16 games, not to bad.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Doubt it this year unless McDavid goes inn. Tea.

I would say Mackinnon or rantanen but i don’t know because like mcdavid a lot of the points they get may just be goals.

Aho doesent have the support needed just yet but maybe in the future.

Eichels got a serious chance at 70
IMHO now that he’s with skinner.

First time skinner had had a elite playmaking center first time Eichel
Had a had a legit 35 goal sniper on his line.

They’ve only been together for ten games and they’ve combined for 30 pts.

Eichel has gone PPG pretty much in the last 144 games (140 pts)

The amount of time he spends in the offensive zone with the puck is insane so I wouldn’t rule him out, with him being an assist guy this year it could happen. Only reason he may miss out is because the coach waited till the 7th game to put them together. What a fool.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I would bet against it. Best I can tell, since the 04-05 lockout only Thornton, Sedin, and Crosby have done it. I don't know of any players currently bent quite so far toward playmaking to get it done. The closest Malkin got was 78 assists. It's definitely possible for a guy like McDavid to do it. My guess is he does at some point. It's just not that common these days. And no offense to Wheeler, but I'd bet against it. Rantanen, who knows. He's so young we're still learning what he's capable of.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
The Jets 1st PP unit is a machine. They have so many options and it runs entirely through Wheeler. You give him enough chances and he will find one of Laine, Scheif or Connor. Teams haven't figured out how to shut it down. I'm not sure if he will go APG but with the way the PP is clicking I don't see it slowing down anytime soon. Just to many threats to score. If Laine, Scheif and Connor forget how to shoot maybe. But even if one of them is off you still have 2 more options. They are pretty much getting 2 or 3 high danger chances every time they step onto the ice 5v4.

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
he has more PP assists than anyone else in the NHL has PP points :laugh: thats what I like to call unsustainable

I wouldn't say it's unsustainable. That unit is the best PP unit on the planet currently.

I think others just need to catch up or Wheeler is gone

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Wheeler had 68 last season
Would require more 5 on 5 production and keeping the pp dangerous.

I doubt anyone does it, but he'd be my pick.
McDavid had 67 but Oilers have less finishers do I don't think he goes 82.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I wouldn't say it's unsustainable. That unit is the best PP unit on the planet currently.

I think others just need to catch up or Wheeler is gone
jets are really struggling to score 5v5, if/when the PP cools down their offense could get pretty bad

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
McDavid on a better team probably could do it.

Both connor and jack could.

Jack will do it at some point in his career even on Buffalo And he may come close this year. He’s got 58 Assists in his last 79 games and he’s
Played just ten of those with a sniper. In those ten games he’s gotten fifteen assists. So yeah, he’s on pace to actually come close and he’s been snakebitten this year, he could easily have way more assists.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad