Will Any of These Prospects Make Their NHL Club?

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by UnderratedBrooks44, Sep 7, 2006.

View Users: View Users
  1. UnderratedBrooks44

UnderratedBrooks44 Registered User

Cross dressing nanny
    I'm asking since I'm from Pittsburgh and don't know much about these guys other than their names and maybe where they were drafted.

Anze Kopitar
    Lauri Tukonen
    Patrick O'Sullivan
    Benoit Pouliot
    Marc-Antoine Pouliot
    Gilbert Brule
    Alexander Radulov
    Shea Weber
    Brent Krahn
    Guillame Letandresse
    Marc Staal
    Al Montoya
    Jiri Tlusty
    Braydon Coburn
    Jack Johnson and his whole situation
    Cam Barker
    T.J. Oshiie
    David Bolland
    Luc Bourdon
    Devin Setoguchi

2. AL-Canadian

AL-Canadian Registered User

Professor
    These are my thoughts on their readiness. Various levels of 'suredness' (if that's a word??) for these guys.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2006
  3. LeMAD

LeMAD Registered User

Home Page:
    I agree with everything, except that i thought MA Pouliot had good chances to make the team in Edmonton this year...

4. Beukeboom Fan

Beukeboom Fan Registered User

Home Page:
    Like UB44's ratings as well. One issue is that the Hawks might have some cap issues signing Ruutu if Barker is playing in the NHL because they have to count all of his rookie incentives ($2.5M+) against the cap, so Barker might see very limited action in the NHL this year.

I think that MAP is out of luck in EDM this year (unless there's injuries) because they signed P Sykora and A Mikhov, and MAP will be fighting it out w/ guys like Shremp for a roster spot. Oilers are incredibly deep this year, and I don't think that it would serve MAP well to spend most of his time in the pressbox or getting 8-10 minutes a night.

5. Jori

Jori Registered User

Home Page:
    If you are talking about this season, scratch Oshie off the list, he's playing at North Dakota this year.

6. AnThGrt

AnThGrt Registered User

Patrick is going to for sure or is pretty much guaranteed. Kopitar is easily ready but management has said multiple times they'd like to give him a year in AHL, unless he really impresses at camp giving them no choice (Which I think will happen). Tukonen would be better to have another year in AHL yet its possible (Same goes for Kopitar but if either or both in AHL, they will surely see call ups)

7. West

West Registered User

Programmer Analyst
    Home Page:
    Won't play because to young with new CBA
    Anze Kopitar
    Guillame Latendresse
    Devin Setoguchi
    --might play in NHL anyways but completely disagree with it
    Gilbert Brule - Maybe completely disagree to strong in his case.
    Marc Staal
    Jack Johnson
    Luc Bourdon

Should gain a years experience in the AHL
    Benoit Pouliot
    David Bolland
    Cam Barker
    Al Montoya - Being number 1 in AHL better for developement at this point.
    T.J. Oshiie - stay in college

Good shot at team
    Patrick O'Sullivan
    Shea Weber
    Mike Green
    --Another year in AHL won't hurt but could make team
    Marc-Antoine Pouliot
    Braydon Coburn
    Lauri Tukonen
    Alexander Radulov - Could play in AHL but might handle the jump.
    Wojtek Wolski - Could play in AHL but might handle the jump.

8. Hyped

Hyped Registered User

Hockey Guy
    Home Page:
    Yes, Pouliot is almost a lock to make the Oilers, probably skating as the 4th lne center to start the year. He made big strides in his game down the stretch last season and will be lloked upon to play some solid two-way hockey this year on a regular basis. It'll be tough jumping ahead of Horcoff, Stoll, and Reasoner on the depth chart but I think he's capable of at least taking the 3rd line center spot by the end of next year (and Reasoner has had injury problems in the past so that may work to his advantage).

Anze Kopitar - more seasoning needed.
    Lauri Tukonen - more seasoning needed.
    Patrick O'Sullivan - almost a lock to make the team and probably be the #2 centerman if he has a good camp.
    Benoit Pouliot - no. Minnesota doesn't need that offensive burst now with their signings this summer. They'll look to groom Pouliot some more before testing him in the NHL.
    Gilbert Brule - absolutely. He'll probably be one of the focal points on the Jackets' first line, along with Nash, obviously.
    Alexander Radulov - I just don't think so. The Predators are pretty deep up front now, especially with the Dumont signing. But he's probably an injury or trade away from making the team.
    Shea Weber - absolutely. The guy will be getting top 4 minutes this year. I don't expect huge offensive numbers from him but he'll definitely be playing a lot and probably a lot of big minutes as well.
    Brent Krahn - uhhhh, no
    Guillame Letandresse - nope. The Habitents are too deep up front. I don't expect to see Latendresse for at least another year and a half
    Marc Staal - definitely has a shot. He had a great trainingcamp last year and almost made the squad then. I think the Rangers would probably not want to rush him into a spot as they are better off as a team than they were 3 years ago when Staal probably would have been a lock to make the club.
    Al Montoya - he'll have to pray for an injury to hit Weekes and/or Lundqvist
    Jiri Tlusty - doubt it
    Braydon Coburn - should make the team as a #5 or #6 guy. He's still got a long ways to go in order to reach his top 4 potential but he has the ability. It wouldn't surprise me however if his development was something like Eric Brewer's career, slow and steady.
    Jack Johnson - gone back to college last I heard.
    Cam Barker - should definitely make the team this year. What kind of impact he'll make is still up in the air. With the excellent seasons Seabrook and Keith had last year and their likelihood to repeat this season the Hawks can take their time with Barker; he shouldn't be doing the trial by fire thing.
    T.J. Oshiie - gone back to college
    David Bolland - will need some AHL time before he takes the big step to the NHL
    Luc Bourdon - he's got a good shot on a questionable Canucks defense

I think that's all of them...

9. Leaf Army

Leaf Army Registered User

Home Page:
    Tlusty will likely play in the AHL this year and might have a shot at a call up at some point.

10. King'sPawn

King'sPawn Enjoy the chaos

Too young for what?

11. Legionnaire

Legionnaire Kill! Jeff, Kill!!! Sponsor

Home Page:
    Anze Kopitar-by mid season

Lauri Tukonen-No

Patrick O'Sullivan-yes

Benoit Pouliot-No

Marc-Antoine Pouliot-Depends on Schremp. If Schremp makes the team, then MAP will most likely be back and forth between the A and NHL.

Gilbert Brule-Yes

Alexander Radulov-Maybe. I'm not totally sure. Most Preds fans say it's a sure bet, but I'm not so sure with Trotz at the helm.

Shea Weber-Yes

Brent Krahn-No

Guillame Letandresse-No

Marc Staal-Probably

Al Montoya-No unless there are injures. It will hurt his development more sitting as a back up and playing 20 games max than it will seeing a lot of time in Hartford

Jiri Tlusty-Possibly. I'm not sure if he will with Maurice's focus on D.

Braydon Coburn-Yes

Jack Johnson-No

Cam Barker-Yes

T.J. Oshiie-No

David Bolland-No

Luc Bourdon-Yes most likely

Devin Setoguchi-I would have said yes before the Bell trade, but now I really think it depends on how that whole DUI situation plays out.

12. SchwenningerWildWing

SchwenningerWildWing Registered User

I miss Alex Bourret on these lists. I think he has good chances to make the opening line-up in Atlanta

13. Bacchus

Bacchus Registered User

Student
    Home Page:
    Al Montoya won't play unless some serious injuries hit Lundqvist and / or Weekes (knock on wood).

Staal probably won't play either. Rangers have a ton of depth on defense. But if he plays a great camp - then he has a shot. Problem is he can't play in the AHL so it's either the Rangers or the minors...