Will a healthy Gleason hurt us or help us?

djboos22

Aho (insert pun)
Jan 17, 2011
Palm Bay, FL
I don't care where he plays or when, as long as hes with the team and on the ice. I like his presence and toughness. Its not about the fighting, he has a "big brother" mentality out there.

Last edited:

bluedevil58*

Tim Gleason: is he part of the starting line up going forward?

What is the record of this team when he is on the ice? That NTC sucks right now eh? Discuss!

jeromeo87

Jul 23, 2010
Almost positive he gets dealt for winger support.

I'm looking at Detroit, Colorado and Anaheim as possible destinations for him.

bluedevil58*

Too overpaid. Nobody wants him. Unless its a 4m center for 4 m dman....

La Huracanista

Nov 28, 2009
Raleigh
If he can't recover he gets bought out (no way to trade him unless we trade him for someone else's albatross). Instead, I'm hoping he has a game like Ruutu did tonight, and reminds us why we signed him in the first place.

I hope people on here remember that it's not a hockey player's fault when they get injured, or when someone offers them a contract. :(

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
9-4-4 without him in the lineup.

Also, Harrison only played 3 shifts in the third period. I think I remember hearing Forslund say he went to the locker room, but I forgot when that was. Might see Gleason Wednesday.

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
If he can't recover he gets bought out (no way to trade him unless we trade him for someone else's albatross). Instead, I'm hoping he has a game like Ruutu did tonight, and reminds us why we signed him in the first place.

I hope people on here remember that it's not a hockey player's fault when they get injured, or when someone offers them a contract. :(
It is, however, Gleason's fault that he still does not understand basic defensive concepts such as "not constantly screening your goalie" or "pick up the guy in front of the net instead of trying to block point shots". It shows stubbornness and an unwillingness to learn. Either that or he has severe mental Pejorative Sluration.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
It is, however, Gleason's fault that he still does not understand basic defensive concepts such as "not constantly screening your goalie" or "pick up the guy in front of the net instead of trying to block point shots". It shows stubbornness and an unwillingness to learn. Either that or he has severe mental Pejorative Sluration.

He has gotten punched in the face/head a lot over the years.:dunno:

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Almost positive he gets dealt for winger support.

I'm looking at Detroit, Colorado and Anaheim as possible destinations for him.

All 3 of those teams make sense. Also wouldn't count out Washington for a guy like Erat or Laich, though Laich is on a contract that's actually worse somehow.

bluedevil58*

I wish I would have posted here before making a new thread. His return has obviously hurt us as expected.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Is he drinking again? Is it mental, or is he still hurt?

Could easily be mental. He hasn't been used as a 3rd pairing defenseman since he was a rookie and he's also not being paid like a 3rd pairing defenseman. I doubt he's still hurt because they just wouldn't play him if he was. Swapping out Harrison and Gleason does not drive what the rest of the team does. A willingness to scratch a healthy Gleason could serve to motivate other veterans who have under performed (see: Ruutu yesterday)

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Gleason for Erat makes too much sense, therefore, it will not happen.

Unfortunately, I'll bet it's happening, but with a couple more pieces involved. Just what we need is another underperforming forward to throw into the mix. Wish we had been able to nab Ribeiro last year.

Last edited:

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Honestly I wouldn't mind it. At this point Erat seems like he could fit anywhere in our top 9, depending on who's healthy and what's going on.

Not to mention, Westgarth is in our lineup right now. We need another forward.

For now, we can just see if he's a decent Semin replacement next to Staal until Semin's healthy, and if that works we've got some flexibility.

He just screamed "patented successful Canes reclamation project" to me. He was a beast in Nashville, and didn't get a chance to do much in Washington. I think he can get back to his Nashville form, and if that's the case him for Gleason is a steal. (Honestly him for Gleason is a steal if Erat is a fancy name for a piece of fruit.)

jeromeo87

Jul 23, 2010
Gleason for Erat makes too much sense, therefore, it will not happen.

I wonder what Carolina would have to add..
After seeing how Ruutu played last night, maybe we should hang onto him a bit and let him increase his value..

Revenge of the Sieve

In Ronnie We Trust
Oct 8, 2010
To CAR:
Erat + 3rd

To WSH
Gleason

That sound about right?

I think we all know that if it happened, JR would be the one to throw in a pick...

But honestly I'd do Gleason for Erat straight up. If we can unload Timmy's contract, Erat's cap hit is higher, but his salary is less this year and much less next year.

Also Erat has a NMC but as we can see he clearly doesn't mind waving it so maybe we could even get something for him at next years trade deadline :laugh:

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
No reason to add anything to the deal from our side. Hell, depending on how desperate the Caps are to get rid of Erat, we might be able to grab a pick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->