GDT: Wild vs Jets - 1pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
So, approach OT more like Koivu, Parise, Suter, and Spurgeon would? Make sure someone's always back on D, don't take any risks? Yeah, I've seen that movie before. I'll take my chances with players that are trying to win the game.

Take no chances, stay on the ice too long, and get beat on a bad change; that sound about right for the Wild in OT?

It's not like the Wild have anyone that can score in a SO anyways, yet they seem to play for it every time.

Reactions: 2Pair

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Yeah, a pass into the slot that goes bad because the puck hits the ice a little weird isn't the same as getting flat out beat by the guy you're supposed to be covering or something like that. If we're going to lose, I'd much rather it be the former..

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Take no chances, stay on the ice too long, and get beat on a bad change; that sound about right for the Wild in OT?

It's not like the Wild have anyone that can score in a SO anyways, yet they seem to play for it every time.

I can't believe how little Wild fans know about Zuccarello. He's one of the best shootout guys in the league, on the Rangers he was always the first to go...

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I can't believe how little Wild fans know about Zuccarello. He's one of the best shootout guys in the league, on the Rangers he was always the first to go...

MN was 2 of 17 last year in SO attempts.

a79krgm

Jul 15, 2006
White Bear Lake
www.northstarshockey.com
So, approach OT more like Koivu, Parise, Suter, and Spurgeon would? Make sure someone's always back on D, don't take any risks? Yeah, I've seen that movie before. I'll take my chances with players that are trying to win the game.

I question his judgment and execution. Boudreau mentioned in postgame he tries to make the perfect play too much and gets into trouble.
I don't blame him for taking chances, but this is the main issue with Fiala. It's ok for college players, but a well paid pro must know what
he can do and not do.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN

There is a large gap between taking a risk that is just as likely to end the game in your opposition's favor as it is yours and not taking any risks at all. The only thing I've argued is to instead occupy some space in that gap. I have just as much problem with the guys you mentioned not taking any chances as I do with Fiala taking ALL the chances, heedless of how good or bad those chances are.

Reactions: 2Pair

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
There is a large gap between taking a risk that is just as likely to end the game in your opposition's favor as it is yours and not taking any risks at all. The only thing I've argued is to instead occupy some space in that gap. I have just as much problem with the guys you mentioned not taking any chances as I do with Fiala taking ALL the chances, heedless of how good or bad those chances are.
I completely agree with this take. The pass that Fiala made the other day does not fit this opinion though.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah, that's the second OT ga that had Dumba caught up ice. He saw the open ice and went for it, but he had to know that any turnover would result in a 2 on 0 the other way.

A more cautious player hangs back, and the result is no scoring chance on either end. I wonder if in the future they might seperate Fiala and Dumba on 3 v3's.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Yeah, that's the second OT ga that had Dumba caught up ice. He saw the open ice and went for it, but he had to know that any turnover would result in a 2 on 0 the other way.

A more cautious player hangs back, and the result is no scoring chance on either end. I wonder if in the future they might seperate Fiala and Dumba on 3 v3's.
they were separate, it was a line change that brought dumba out with fiala. if you want to count that then sure next time when the d switches and fiala is on the ice send a forward so we have 3 out and wait to send dumba for fiala.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad