GDT: Wild vs Jets - 1pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
Nobody could be stupid enough to cite that person as a source on anything that pertains to hockey. He's literally a guy in his moms basement making videos on his phone:facepalm:

you mean the dude who is literally living in a small home with his wife and two kids in Vancouver? odd that you slam the source and then make a literal false statement right after.

Reactions: hn777

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
you mean the dude who is literally living in a small home with his wife and two kids in Vancouver? odd that you slam the source and then make a literal false statement right after.
You're right, that's completely different and changes everything. I'm sure this guy is a very reliable source with contacts throughout the NHL.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
The lizard finds the net is a good thing.

But their 3 on 3 isn't very impressive, need to get this fixed.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
They dominated 3x3 today. Dubnyk being a moron is what cost them.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Yea **** that guy for not stopping a 2 on 0. Next time he'll join the boys in the offensive zone and score one for 'em too.
It's not like he stood in his net and watched 2 Jets players skate the length of the ice to pick up a puck 20 feet away from Dubnyk. If Dubnyk skates out to the top of the circles he has a 3x1 the other way by moving the puck in any direction.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Blaming this on Dubnyk is just silly, in fact they hung him out to dry. They had zero control backwards.

BB basically said the same, first minute they were great but forgot to defend. Next OT he wants to try different players.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Blaming this on Dubnyk is just silly, in fact they hung him out to dry. They had zero control backwards.

BB basically said the same, first minute they were great but forgot to defend. Next OT he wants to try different players.
Did you watch the game?

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
In general, Dubnyk's stickhandling is atrocious, and getting worse. Whether he should have attempted to get to the puck in today's game is debatable. Reality is a puck hopped a stick and sent the Jets on a breakaway in a meaningless game.

Staal, Brodin and Fiala dominated the s start of that 3x3 though, which was a pleasant change.

Reactions: 2Pair

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Good game for Donato, Greenway and Koivu, Belpedio, Dumba, Brown

Bad game for Zucker, Soucy, Fiala
If you thought that Fiala had a bad game? It's probably going to be a long year for you.

nt3005

Jan 12, 2015
Dakota Territory
I think people getting on Fiala for having a bad game need to remember that he started camp late. The guy is gonna turn the puck over, but hopefully he gets more pts to make up for it.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I watched the careless pass he made in OT moments before myself and other disappointed fans got up and headed for the exits.
The careless pass to Dumba who was flying down the slot uncovered?

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
The careless pass to Dumba who was flying down the slot uncovered?

Which was of course Fiala's logic on it. Thing is, if you're passing to the last man back and he's got two opposing players behind him, it's your job as the guy with eyes on the situation and the puck on your stick to make darned sure that that pass is perfect, because if it isn't, you lose the game. If you can't be positive about that, you don't make that pass. I know it's a snap decision in the moment, but that's something that getting burned a time or two teaches you, and so it gets factored in in that moment. Hopefully Fiala's learned his lesson, here.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Which was of course Fiala's logic on it. Thing is, if you're passing to the last man back and he's got two opposing players behind him, it's your job as the guy with eyes on the situation and the puck on your stick to make darned sure that that pass is perfect, because if it isn't, you lose the game. If you can't be positive about that, you don't make that pass. I know it's a snap decision in the moment, but that's something that getting burned a time or two teaches you, and so it gets factored in in that moment. Hopefully Fiala's learned his lesson, here.
So, approach OT more like Koivu, Parise, Suter, and Spurgeon would? Make sure someone's always back on D, don't take any risks? Yeah, I've seen that movie before. I'll take my chances with players that are trying to win the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad