Wild top 30 highest goal scoring players - who has outperformed?

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Looking at the last 5 seasons, playoffs included: goals over time vs. expected goal over time.

• ixGF/60 takes into account the quality factors like shot type, angle, distance etc.
  • Who surpassed their expected level of goal scoring and who did not?
26c2PNm.png

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Too many players with limited number of games: 9 games of Pokemon compared to 421 from Coyle.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Too many players with limited number of games: 9 games of Pokemon compared to 421 from Coyle.

They might have outperformed their quality to unsustainable level, but the times are normalized, and in that sense comparable.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
This is a stat that is useless without context. Much like "/60" stats and "+/-". As others have already made clear with jokes, I wouldn't read too much into it.

a ways back i felt brian rolston out performed paired with PMB. bad career move when he left for more money.

Bad for both of them.

Reactions: 2Pair

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
This is a stat that is useless without context. Much like "/60" stats and "+/-". As others have already made clear with jokes, I wouldn't read too much into it.

Bad for both of them.
I think you could give it all the context you could find, and it would still be useless.

Reactions: Rabid Husky

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Bad for both of them.[/QUOTE]
I think you could give it all the context you could find, and it would still be useless.

If you understand the limitations, these stats do include additional information about the players. You just have to know that some players haven't played with same ice time (my bad for including them), some have played against harder opposition and especially with the expected goals, you have to understand that it's not all about the quality of the pass and shot execution.. it seems to be more about the way they like to shoot. Players like Parise just get in front of the goal with speed and the expected goal stat can be quite high just because of the "easy" spot of the shot.

The league top 30 goal scorers might be easier to read:

dEEgSxq.png

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad