OT: Wild themed music for the Xcel Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
I've always been amazed by the obvious songs the Wild could be using at home games, that they never have when I've been there.

Can you think of some songs that would seem to be a natural fit?

Born to be Wild - Steppenwolf
Wild Nights - John Cougar Mellancamp
Take A Walk on the Wild Side - Lou Reed
The Wild and the young - Quiet Riot
Wild Boys - Duran Duran
Com on Feel the Noize - Quiet Riot (....we'll get Wild, Wild Wild ...)
Real Wild Child - Iggy Pop

and here are a few I think I've heard at games, but not sure

Wild Side - Motely Crue
Wild Thing - Tone Loc
Wild Wild West - Will Smith

There's got to be more out there they could use, instead of some of the crap I've heard lately.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
I've actually thought their music selection was pretty good (to my taste, anyway) until quite recently. But yeah, I've often wondered why I haven't noticed them using some of the ones you list. Could be a licensing issue.

Billy Mays Here*

Please no, don't wanna go down that route of playing songs just because they have Wild in the name.

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
I had the same thought the day they announced the name.

Seems the music is somewhat better this season, hearing a little Rage, Replacements, and a little less hair metal castratos.

Billy Mays Here*

Not saying Every song has to be about the Wild, but it seems like a simple thing to do, that would maybe get the crowd into it more.

It takes a lot more than music to get Minnesota fans into a game unfortunately. We're far too quiet.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
It takes a lot more than music to get Minnesota fans into a game unfortunately. We're far too quiet.

I stand by my opinion that Wild fans are very knowledgable, and enjoy watching the game, instead of banging on the glass (Dallas) or standing up to be on TV (Detroit) fans.

I have no problem with it being quiet during play. But we could use some more noise before faceoffs. or to reward the players for a good shift.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012

Having watched my share of Euro soccer on site, 5,000 fans in Hartlepool England can make more noise watching a 4th division match than most NHL games. They do it without phony "make noise" prompts, and lame music to "pump the fans up," BS. Real fans.

Needless to say, they are "fanatics." Hooliganism is real. But in game ambiance in Minnesota, or N.A. will suffer in comparison.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
If we're sticking to the theme of having the word "wild" in the title.. although I know Vancouver uses (or used -- not sure if they still do) a Clutch song ("Electric Worry") as their goal music but "The Mob Goes Wild" would be a pretty sweet ditty to pull out every now and then:

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Sounds like a good list. Now to fix the goal 'song'....

Definitely. I've been a pretty strong advocate of switching to 'Let's Go Crazy' by Prince for a while now. Would be awesome for a hometown goal song (it's also the Twins' home run song) and a good replacement for the current generic song that we and a few other teams in the NHL play after a goal.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
I stand by my opinion that Wild fans are very knowledgable, and enjoy watching the game, instead of banging on the glass (Dallas) or standing up to be on TV (Detroit) fans.

I have no problem with it being quiet during play. But we could use some more noise before faceoffs. or to reward the players for a good shift.

I still stand by my "Minnesota Hockey fans are like Japanese fight fans" opinion, which their fans are basically watching in silence out of respect and to clap is NOT a good thing.

I feel our fanbase is definitely more like that than any other place I've been for hockey. It's kind of sitting in reverence and watching and discussing the game.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I still stand by my "Minnesota Hockey fans are like Japanese fight fans" opinion, which their fans are basically watching in silence out of respect and to clap is NOT a good thing.

I feel our fanbase is definitely more like that than any other place I've been for hockey. It's kind of sitting in reverence and watching and discussing the game.

I'd echo this statement. When I'm watching hockey live, I'm usually zoned into the action, ignoring everything else. I'm not going to stand there and cheer, high-five, or boo every damn thing that happens. I'd be exhausted by the 1st intermission. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad