Rumor: Wild talking to JT Brown

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Depth. We don’t have cap space for anything other than depth players. Not sure why people seem confused these are the guys we are signing.

It's not confusing, just amusing how they're all going to the same team in the same day.

But FWIW, Fenton was not brought in to look at their cap situation and say "i guess we have no space".

Reactions: 57special

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
It's not confusing, just amusing how they're all going to the same team in the same day.

But FWIW, Fenton was not brought in to look at their cap situation and say "i guess we have no space".
You’re right, he could have traded Nino+Zucker+Ennis for Domi+Dvorak and we could’ve had all the cap space in the world meanwhile we would be a worse hockey team (yes, that was a rumored deal per Russo). It was pretty clear we needed a 4th line overhaul. Cullen gone, Ennis punted, Winnik not re-signing. We have the cap space to fix that issue and they’re all relatively harmless deals. If you’re looking for Minnesota to make a “big splash” it will be by trade, which Fenton has all summer to do.

Humor me, what do you think he should be doing?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm fine with Fenton talking to Brown, as long as he doesn't sign him.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I think he plays more Fortnite on Twitch than practicing hockey, but hopefully he lands somewhere :P

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
I'm fine with Fenton talking to Brown, as long as he doesn't sign him.

A 4th line of Hendricks-Fehr-Brown is better than last year and cheaper. It also keeps JEE and Greenway on the 3rd line to get more ice time, adds speed, and another right hand shot.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Well, we ended up with a 4th line of Foligno, Winnik, and EK. Fehr, Hendricks, Brown isn't even close to that....Fehr gets some good reviews, but hasn't played much, Hendricks appears to be pretty much done, and Brown gets Prosser like production from the forward spot.

I'm not drinking the Koolaid. That's a crap 4th line.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I'm actually surprised that anyone is talking to him. He's not that good and seems to have trouble determining whether he wants to play hockey or be a protester. As different pro athletes are starting to find out, it's tough to do both.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Russo reporting Wild signing Brown to 2 year deal, no word on dollars yet.

Edit: $675k year 1/$700k year 2

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad