Wild take stranglehold on division

Mar 1, 2002
....and by stranglehold, I mean a 2 point lead. Of course, when that's your largest division lead of the year, a fingertip can be a stranglehold.

What a division,

Minnesota 70
Calgary 68
Edmonton 67
Vancouver 66
Colorado 61

5th through 9th in the conference from the same division.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
It's actually pretty remarkable that 60+ games are played, and all 5 teams could finish anywhere from first to last in the conference. :help:

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Don't worry, Greg - the Jackets are coming to mess up that pretty little Pacific party. :thumbu:

EDIT: Of course, that should read: "... that gnarly Northwest nosh"... ;)

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2002
After last night, the bottom 1/2 of the western playoff hunt looks like this (throwing Nashville in there)

Nashville (L) 72
Minnesota (L) 70
Edmonton (W) 69
Calgary (T) 69
Vancouver (L) 66
------------
Colorado (W) 63
San Jose (W) 62
C-Bus (off) 61
Anaheim (L) 60

Tonight's key games

Nashville-Edmonton
Dallas-Minnesota
Stl-Calgary
Colorado-Carolina
Vancouver-Philly

Armchair_Critic

Jun 14, 2007
Me thinks Me Play a Pick'em game.. :)

Nashville-Edmonton
I pick this with no confidence. Since both teams have atrocious home records, I'm going with the away team on this one.

Dallas-Minnesota
OT win for the Wild. Will do well to get pass Kipper though

Stl-Calgary
Tie. The blue need to get out of a funk at the moment. An away draw should stem the tie. Calgary will want to get something out of this game.

Colorado-Carolina
Tie. All eyes will be on Crosby and Ovechkin. Avalanche will need to take advantage of the injury riddle Canes.

Vancouver-Philly
Can't see Philly losing this one. Not unless Malkin/Staal produces something out of the ordinary.

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
see what I have to put up with here. :loony: Josh generally can't get his head through the door cause it soooo big...

Why would people want to talk about the Eastern conference teams when they are in a western conference thread, more specifically the North West Division? :teach:

Last edited:

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007
First off Kudos to Ville and yourself for building some league level hype on the playoff races. The Western Conference is after all the superior conference ;)

I'd love to brag about the central division once again having the top two teams in the league but giving the mediocre play of the Wings, and to a lesser extent the Blues, of late it's probably not a good time to further anger the Sim Gods.

Heck at this rate Detroit might start showing up in the playoff race tables :pullhair:

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
First off Kudos to Ville and yourself for building some league level hype on the playoff races. The Western Conference is after all the superior conference ;)

I'd love to brag about the central division once again having the top two teams in the league but giving the mediocre play of the Wings, and to a lesser extent the Blues, of late it's probably not a good time to further anger the Sim Gods.

Heck at this rate Detroit might start showing up in the playoff race tables :pullhair:

I hear ya Drew - The Blues have three straight losses to Eastern Conference teams, including a home and home to the red hot Devils.

Hardly the kind of ammunition those Bullish on the Western Conference wanted to see.

Mar 1, 2002
I don't get the attendance part of the sim....my team is red-hot, in 1st place playing the first place Dallas Stars.....amongst the cheapest seats in the league and we are 4000 short of a sell out? In Minnesota??

Armchair_Critic

Jun 14, 2007
Me thinks Me Play a Pick'em game.. :)
Nashville-Edmonton
Dallas-Minnesota
Stl-Calgary
Colorado-Carolina
Vancouver-Philly

:thumbd: Predators 1 Oilers 3

:thumbu: Stars 2 Wild 3

:thumbd: Blues 1 Flames 4

:thumbd: Avalanche 1 Hurricanes 2

:thumbd: Canucks 4 Flyers 0

1/5 not a good start... kiss of death on my behalf... lets see how i got for the next set..

Kings at Avalanche
A must win after close lost to the Canes. Should do it as they are facing the Western Fodder in the Kings. Could work out well for both team with this result.

Oilers at Canucks
4 point game right here. Any time you beat a top 4 team in the East gets my attention and gets my vote. Oils in slightly better form coming into this game.

Wild at Sabres
Sabres at home, in a modest form. Could be a danger game for the Sabres.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2002
A few games have passed, and here is the Western Conference race as of today

Edmonton 75
Calgary 75
Minnesota 74
Nashville 73
Vancouver 70
-------------
San Jose 66
Anaheim 66
Colorado 65

A little space has opened up between the 8 and 9 seed, but that can change with tonites key games:

Colorado-Vancouver (MUST win for the Avalanche)
Oilers-Coyotes
Nashville-Buffalo
Minnesota-Ottawa

Mar 1, 2002
Little bit of a shakeup in the west after last night

Edmonton 77 (W)
Flames 77 (W)
Nashville 75 (W)
Minnesota 74 (L) (bad loss)
Vancouver 70 (L)
--------
Anaheim 68 (W)
Colorado 67 (W)
Sharks 66 (L)

Huge game tonite as the Flames and Avalanche play. 2nd must win in 2 days for Colorado. Elsewhere, Edmonton is in tough against St Louis, as is Vancouver at Carolina.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
.. and it doesn't help that Backstrom is now out for two weeks, which will probably be the remainder of the season.. go Raycroft

Mar 1, 2002
Edmonton and Calgary continue their red-hot play and distance themselves futher from the fight at the bottom of the Western Conference playof chase

Edmonton 81 (w)
Calgary 79
Nashville 78 (w)
Minnesota 75 (t)
Vancouver 73 (t)
----------------
Colorado 69 (w)
Anaheim 69
San Jose 66
Columbus 66

Key games tonite:
Nashville-Minnesota
Vancouver-Ducks
Edmonton-Florida
Colorado-Rangers
Calgary-Boston

Sharks and BlueJackets are clinging to life.....what will tomorrow bring?

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Sharks and BlueJackets are clinging to life.....what will tomorrow bring?

Given the rest of my schedule, I'm not holding out any hope for Columbus. :help:

But I'm also not bad enough to get into a good lottery position, so I'll at least try and make Detroit and St. Louis earn their stripes...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->