Confirmed with Link: Wild Sign Zuccarello 5yrs $6m aav

Status
Not open for further replies.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Exzactly...Florida...poof! A bunch of sand and wimmins walking around in bikinis. Who needs that?

You're right! A bunch of women walking around in bikinis? That's not something we're into... here in...- Sorry, I got distracted while buying a plane ticket to Florida.

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
I did get the joke. If I hadn't, I wouldn't be saying his personality is outstanding, I'd be saying he's a jerk.
Now that I revisited the post from you that I quoted, I feel like a moron. How could I possibly misread that? It must have been meant for an other post. I am very sorry and embarrassed Baghead. I read your reply now. Thank you. Norwegian is easy ;)

Last edited:

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I think Boudreau hopes Zucc & Parise can become a productive duo.
Parise says he loves to play with Zucc, lets hope it helps on his scoring. So I don't expect any changes there yet.

Btw...can someone bring the lizard a ladder? :laugh:
wow...Greenway 6'6

EFC34ERW4AAVyUY

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
There sure are a lot of Zuccarello fanboys (in a good way). I think that says a lot about him. Can't wait to see his impact this season.
I've been a fanboy of his myself. Never thought the Rangers would let him go in the first place. Was thrilled to see him replace what we lost when we moved Granlund.

Reactions: Ori and AJ Thelen

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
looks like Zucc is not working out in Minny? He should have re-signed with Dallas where he had chemistry with players.

Shoresy

May 1, 2014
Florida
Looked good in preseason. Hasn’t touched the puck too much so far in regular season but he hasn’t made the best passes when he has. Definitely too soon to be jumping ship on him though

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
looks like Zucc is not working out in Minny? He should have re-signed with Dallas where he had chemistry with players.
Looks like Kaako isn't working out in Nynny? Should've drafted Turcotte

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Would of cost Dallas another 1st rd pick. Doubt it was even an option.

Zuccarello said he had an offer from the Stars, same money as here but a year less and limited clause.

Of course they wanted to keep him, he had a lot of success there. But their GM said they couldn't give him 5 years because they would run into problems cap-wise when it's time to re-sign their younger players.

Reactions: Bluesguru

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
If they didn't want to give him a 5th year earlier, I don't see why they would want to now.
Dallas would've had to give New York a 1st rounder if they re-signed Zuccarello. Might be interested in trading for him if the price is lower than that

Reactions: nickschultzfan

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Dallas would've had to give New York a 1st rounder if they re-signed Zuccarello. Might be interested in trading for him if the price is lower than that
Certainly true, I'm just basing it off of what Webster said above about Dallas not wanting to get into cap trouble signing youngsters in Year 5.

But 5 years is a long ways away, so maybe they'd reconsider.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Certainly true, I'm just basing it off of what Webster said above about Dallas not wanting to get into cap trouble signing youngsters in Year 5.

But 5 years is a long ways away, so maybe they'd reconsider.
What Webster said above is just what a GM says when he doesn't really plan on re-signing a guy.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
If they didn't want to give him a 5th year earlier, I don't see why they would want to now.

They couldn't afford him now anyway. When the Zucc deal failed they signed Pavelski 3 yrs @ 7M.

Well actually can afford him if the Wild retain.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
They couldn't afford him now anyway. When the Zucc deal failed they signed Pavelski 3 yrs @ 7M.

Well actually can afford him if the Wild retain.
Also a good point. Was it ever confirmed Dallas offered him a four-year deal?

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Also a good point. Was it ever confirmed Dallas offered him a four-year deal?

Yes, in Norwegian media he talked about his long free agency process and all the teams involved. Maybe I can find that article.

But I'm pretty sure that Zuccarello wouldn't even hear about an exit now. It's still very early, and it's not just him but the entire team. So it will be a team effort to get the problems fixed.

The article is right here, you need to translate the page, but it's some interesting read.
www.nitten.no

Last edited:

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
I liked the Zuccarello signing actually. Disappointed in Minnys start. I had picked them to grab a WC spot this year.

Seems the team lost a step. Maybe losing Nedereitter and Granlund was too much. That chemistry the team once had isn’t there right now. Doesn’t help that Staal and Parise are off to a slow start too.

Given the current makeup of the team now, it’s a shame Kessel killed the Pens trade. This team needs an offensive spark and he could of been that guy.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I liked the Zuccarello signing actually. Disappointed in Minnys start. I had picked them to grab a WC spot this year.

Seems the team lost a step. Maybe losing Nedereitter and Granlund was too much. That chemistry the team once had isn’t there right now. Doesn’t help that Staal and Parise are off to a slow start too.

Given the current makeup of the team now, it’s a shame Kessel killed the Pens trade. This team needs an offensive spark and he could of been that guy.
We just need younger, faster legs in the lineup combined with some skill. There's a way to do that and we are well on our way to start the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad