Confirmed with Link: Wild sign SHL defenseman Eric Martinsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
wonder if he can play RD.

Ah, i see. another 6'1" LH Swedish Dman.

The Wild are switching sides in the coldest war. :popcorn:

Next moves will be to trade for Poolparty and Larrson from EDM, maybe pick up fast from NYR, and signing Folin and Paajajvi as UFAs this off-season. :help:

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I'm curious who offered him a contract... Fletcher?

I'm okay with the Brodin comparisons. I'd like to see what value we can get from trading Brodin this offseason.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I forgot about this signing. I'll see his name on the capfriendly roster and keep wondering who he is.

I have more hope in this being a good signing than most of the July 1st guys.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I think he'll be the 1st LD callup if/when needed. They kept him around until the very end of training camp IIRC. He actually is older than Brodin and Seeler for LD.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I have noticed some unconditional waivers this year. I can understand it for these guys make who have a NHL dream and are stuck (for whatever reason) on an ELC making $70k in the minors.

It would be somewhat of a shame to lose him, but forcing him to honor his contract will just end up biting the Wild for future Euro FA signings.

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
I understand them from a economic point of view, but when they "give up" on the show after just 10-20 games in the AHL they simply don't got all the needed tools.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
He's going home.

I can't blame him. It'll take an injury/trade or two for him to see the NHL. He's making $70k in the AHL and everything is new and different. I don't know what he'll make back in the SHL, but he'll probably be more comfortable with familiar surroundings.

By the little is saw about him from his time in Iowa was, he was a good guy to have on the team there: Solid play, puts up points, but nothing really spectacular in-general. It's a shame he didn't stick it out for the whole year, but if he isn't happy let him go.

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
As i said earlier, it's understandable, but it just shows that he lacks the mental aspect to make it all the way to the show.

I bet he was on around $150k a year in before he came over.

And the fact that they often use bus instead of planes in AHL, when he was used to flying to away-games in Sweden does not make it easier for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->