Prospect Info: Wild sign Grayson Downing (2 Years | Iowa-bound)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
He was the leading goal scorer on his very mediocre team. 21 goals is pretty impressive in a college hockey season. Only 12 players in the country got more than 21.

Looked around YouTube for some of his highlights from this year, this is what I could find

He had a hattrick + assist game this year which unfortunately was not on YouTube.

goal at 2:07

goal right at the beginning

goal at the beginning and :55

goal at 1:15

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
How about like Fontaine?

Forget Wellman, not even worth mentioning anymore... Fontaine and Folin are both success stories that should make Wellman long since forgotten.
Yes Fontaine! How could I forget about him? Especially since he's been playing really well lately...
someone beat tomgilbertfan to posting about a signing? :amazed:

:)
My first thread too :laugh:
BRB, gonna go write some angry poetry.

I'm sorry man! Let us celebrate this signing and Dubnyk getting us a win tonight! :cheers:

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Well, he must be decent if he's going straight to Iowa as opposed to one of the two ECHL teams the Wild have. They could have put him at Alaska or Quad Cities if they had wanted to, so they must think he has a decent upside and want to give him higher level games.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Well, he must be decent if he's going straight to Iowa as opposed to one of the two ECHL teams the Wild have. They could have put him at Alaska or Quad Cities if they had wanted to, so they must think he has a decent upside and want to give him higher level games.

Or Iowa is that bad...

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Russo wrote a short write-up.

He led the Wildcats in goals and ranked second in scoring. His goal total tied for third in Hockey East. A native of Abbotsford, British Columbia, the 6-foot Downing had 56 goals and 56 assists in 144 games at New Hampshire.

112 points in 144 games isn't too shabby.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Can anyone tell us if he's dynamic or not? I think that's what we're all dying to know.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Can anyone tell us if he's dynamic or not? I think that's what we're all dying to know.

Watching the highlights gphr posted, doesn't look like he's a very "skilled" player. Positionally-sound. Might indicate hockey IQ. Knew where to be for rebounds and deflections, shot from areas that surprised the goalie. Good size, but didn't see him use any physicality (like Coyle). Wasn't noticeably quick or fast.

Sounds to me like a good depth option for Iowa; from our limited viewing, I don't see any flashes of speed or skill that could translate to the NHL. (we saw this with Fontaine)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad