Confirmed with Link: Wild sign F Frederick Gaudreau (2y, $1.2m AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
And? LAST season he had 10 points in 19 games for the Penguins.

And then he was sent back to the minors...

I don't know, but twitter laughs at the Wild. I guess most of that is because Suter signed almost $15M over 4 years in Dallas.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

I don't know, but twitter laughs at the Wild. I guess most of that is because Suter signed almost $15M over 4 years in Dallas.
This thread has nothing to do with Suter, let's not go there.

I couldn't care less what twitter says. We're talking about a 4th liner. Tweeners like him go up and down. Big deal if he was sent back down.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
This offseason sucks so far
It's not great, but this is the boring meat-and-potatoes part of the offseason. Priority One today is filling out the bottom of the roster without doing anything stupid. If they do that they'll be in better shape to make something happen.

Or we could start sending out picks for "heavy" defensemen. Let's hope that doesn't actually happen.

Reactions: Al Lagoon

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015

Once Gaudreau came up he never went back down. Just saying. Sullivan loved the guy.

I know he got "sent" back down for cap moves, but only on paper.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
It's not great, but this is the boring meat-and-potatoes part of the offseason. Priority One today is filling out the bottom of the roster without doing anything stupid. If they do that they'll be in better shape to make something happen.

Or we could start sending out picks for "heavy" defensemen. Let's hope that doesn't actually happen.

So they failed?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
So they failed?
I mean in terms of free agents.

The Menell thing is weird but doesn't bother me all that much. If he turns out to be a decent #4-6 defenseman they'll have ****ed up, but right now it doesn't look like many GMs in the league are dying to give him that chance.

Reactions: TaLoN

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis

Twitter is laughing at the Wild? He signed for less than half his cap hit for this year. So even if we retained 50% we would have had to add to dump him. That's assuming he would have waived his NMC. Guerin clearly wanted him gone and wasn't willing to give up assets to get rid of him. Combine that with the expansion draft and I think it's a defensible position.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Twitter is laughing at the Wild? He signed for less than half his cap hit for this year. So even if we retained 50% we would have had to add to dump him. That's assuming he would have waived his NMC. Guerin clearly wanted him gone and wasn't willing to give up assets to get rid of him. Combine that with the expansion draft and I think it's a defensible position.
Finally an encouraging sign.

Reactions: Wild11MN

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

Half his caphit, but 33% more money than was remaining on his contract.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I mean in terms of free agents.

The Menell thing is weird but doesn't bother me all that much. If he turns out to be a decent #4-6 defenseman they'll have ****ed up, but right now it doesn't look like many GMs in the league are dying to give him that chance.
That's the way I see it. Could end up bad in hindsight, but I'm not going to sweat it now considering how many pros seem to have so little faith in his future.

I'll woulda, shoulda, coulda that years from now if he proves them all wrong. :dunno:

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I don't see anyone throwing bouquets at the Stars org for this signing.

Anyway, I like the Freddy Hockey signing. Cheap Bonino replacement.
Suter and his deal is an absolute steal compared to most of the other contracts that were signed today.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Not to familiar with Gauthier. With the crop of FA centers really slim, if we have to stick with center by committee, how does Gauthier compare to Rask? I got no hopes for Rask.

Edit: meant Gaudreau lool head not working

Last edited:

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Not to familiar with Gauthier. With the crop of FA centers really slim, if we have to stick with center by committee, how does Gauthier compare to Rask? I got no hopes for Rask.

My guess is that Gaudreau slots in as #4C. The best chance for not seeing Rask in the lineup is if Rossi earns the #1C or #2C job out of camp.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

Hopefully Gaudreau and Sturm can hold down the bottom two C spots, allowing Hartman to be a strong bottom six RW, and JEE a #2C.

Rask, of course, will once again lead the team from the all important #1C position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad