Friedman: Wild shopping Fiala?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Granlund broke out from a 40 point player into a 60 point player and repeated that success.

A 40 point center is worth more than a 40 point winger. Fiala has yet to break out.

Yeah you're not understanding any of this.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I understand just fine, you and I just disagree.

It's really not an agree/disagree thing right now. I just don't know how to make it simpler for you.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I’m too lazy to read everything but I think I have the gist of it. Fenton should absolutely do his due-diligence in the market for Fiala. If there’s a good trade to be made he can go for it, but I wouldn’t lower his value much, and I’m definately not trading him for another mystery box. There comes a certain point where the potential return just isn’t worth giving up what Fiala could potentially be. That’s when you say, if Fiala is going to be a star, it will be in MN. If he’s going to bust out of the league, it will be in MN.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I’m too lazy to read everything but I think I have the gist of it. Fenton should absolutely do his due-diligence in the market for Fiala. If there’s a good trade to be made he can go for it, but I wouldn’t lower his value much, and I’m definately not trading him for another mystery box. There comes a certain point where the potential return just isn’t worth giving up what Fiala could potentially be. That’s when you say, if Fiala is going to be a star, it will be in MN. If he’s going to bust out of the league, it will be in MN.
Exactly, there is still value, so obviously look for that value. Nobody is saying trade him just to trade him, but he should absolutely be shopped for max value if possible.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
lets say the article pens looking at Minnesota again is real, whats fair value for fiala ?

I feel like nothing Penguins fans can reasonably offer will satisfy what Wild fans want.

Pens fans will suggest Bjugstad for Fiala, and cite the past examples of struggling player for struggling player trades that the Penguins did (Hagelin for Pearson, Perron for Hagelin, ect) to say it's a reasonable suggestion. Wild fans will probably point out that Bjugstad really doesn't do anything for them outside of being a RHS. Penguins fans will only value Fiala like a reclamation project, while Wild fans will want a good return for him.

Last edited:

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Yeah Minnesota should just hold onto him and actually put him in positions to succeed

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Bjugstad, at this point, pretty well is what he is. Fiala is young and skilled enough that he might actually turn out to be a good top 6 player.
Sidenote: the Wild are now a pretty slow team. Any trade that involves trading Zucker, Fiala, or Brodin, three of their fastest players, should have speed coming back to them. They can't get any slower.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad