Wild pull Granlund from AHL; Should Oilers do the same?

Lowe in Oil

Aug 29, 2006
Montreal
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=412880

I'm wondering if the Oilers should pull their 3 stars (plus RNH) from the AHL in-case they get injured in the next couple of games. The CBA is really close to being done.
And if the CBA doesn't get signed, we just return the players to the Barons.

I think it's a very smart move by the Wild and the Oilers should do the same.

It will also give them a few days of rest (Schultz especially needs it) before training camp opens.

Lowe in Oil.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
I hope they do, they are young and conditioned very well.

It will let the regulars try to catch up to Ebs point totals. :laugh:

calvinguy

Sep 12, 2010
Yes please, I don't know when or if the deal will be done, but I do know that I will be extremely pissed if any of our star players get injured right before the lockout ends.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I would just to be safe. It'd also give guys like Hartikainen, Marincin, Paajarvi, Lander, Pitlick, and Hamilton bigger roles and minutes. Pitlick showed me more in 1/2 a period tonight than I've seen from him in a hell of a long time, hopefully he can build off of that.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I honestly wouldn't worry about it... Oiler fate being what it is... at least 2 of them will get injured by something freaky like a Penner pancake incident or a teammate skating over their head in a warm up (nah that's too far fetched to happen.) :)

I wouldn't pull them. Injuries can happen anytime and anywhere... let them play and whatever happens happens.

Karma being what it is... if you play it too safe you just invite the injury demons to visit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad