Pre-Game Talk: Wild @ Leafs, Oct 15th - 7pm (TSN4) and Leafs @ Caps, Oct 16th - 7 pm (SN1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Back to Backs Tuesday (Oct 15th - Wild) and Wednesday (Oct 16th - Caps)

Wild record
4-0-4-0

Leafs record
6-3-2-1

Wild play against Ottawa today (1pm game) so are on a back to back against the Leafs.

Boudreau and Wild are on a hotseat after a brutal start

Leafs with their stacked roster have given up 2 points against Montreal (should have been a W); and got embarrassed by the bolts

2 points are there for the taking for two reasons. One Wild are not off to a great start and they will be on a back to back.

Line up seems to be the same; except we might see Marincin-Holl third pair :scared: (but this is the right time to be testing that out given Wild are on a horrendous start and are on a back to back against the Leafs)

Also good to see that one of my suggestions for Sandin came to pass

Matthews' mustache a big hit with the kids and gaining traction :laugh:

Lets get serious; we need at least 2 points out of 4 (if not 3 or 4).

Last edited:

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Get a win streak going here. Wednesday will be a tough game on a back to back... but no reason not to beat Minny.

Go Leafs Go

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
may be Leafs change their strategy and start Hutch against Wild and Freddy against the caps
Gon be interesthang to see sire. They is addressing that andersen is starting on the yahoo game app. But that ain't always 100, I was looking if babcock already made the statement but couldn't find it. Hutchinson should have a huge workload against the caps dawg. If he even plays on that dirt there.

If Andy plays on this here that's a clear indicator babcock wants the 100 sure points here against minnesota period. He ain't takin no loss.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Hopefully we bring it for both games. The bottom six did great work against Detroit. Still waiting on the top six to show some bounce back after getting steamrolled by Tampa. October when teams aren't playing defense is our big chance to pile up points in the standings. Need to get on a roll. Caps won't be easy and the Wild could be a trap game. But if the Leafs want to contend they need to be able to beat anyone. Here's a good chance to do that.

TheBigFour

Apr 17, 2019
prediction- Boudreau will be leafs head coach next season.

perfect match, they both choke in the playoffs :sarcasm:

Carltons Cup

Let's Do This..
Feb 22, 2018
I truly hope this isn't one of the games where the Leafs take MIN for granted and think they can win just by lacing up their skates...

Reactions: NiftyMits

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017

Thank god we sent him to the AHL where there are no goons who have to headhunt to make a name for themselves.

Don't get me wrong, sending him down is the best call we can make with the coaching staff we have, but guys are still going to be trying to hit Sandin when he's 20 and playing next year. A competent coach would treat this as a learning opportunity, you can't hide prospects from challenge until they're 26 and expect them to suddenly figure it out.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
The Wild played their backup in the first game of their back to backs. Can't wait to hear Babcock tell them how dumb that idea is tomorrow in the pregame skate before Dubnyk stands on his head. :rolleyes:

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Wild won today so that’s good. They can’t get their first win against us tomorrow. Lol

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Need to win this game. The Bruins and Sabres looking elite so far, the bolts are the best team in the NHL on paper. We may end up a clear 4th if the Sabres continue their play for 15-20 games and we dont pick up ours for the same time frame. The habs are also pretty annoying and can challange for a wild card.

I want this team contending for the president trophy and then a dominant run to a cup. Expectations are high, we are playing our 7th game. The time for system issues to be corrected is now. Need our stars playing like stars and our goalie not being a sieve.

Leafs should not lose to this wild team. Start hutch as it's a wealth team and give Andy the caps game. Please Babcock and the players come out on time and play with a level of urgency.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
good thing Wild won against Ottawa so wont take out frustrations on the Leafs

bad thing; 1st period done, Avs leading over Caps 4-0; Kadri with 3 points they would be pissed and waiting for the Leafs with Leafs on a back to back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad