GDT: Wild@Leafs 2PM SNO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
They need to take Kadri off of the first unit, he's being wasted and barely touches the puck on the first unit. I'm not sure replacing him with Nylander wouldn't just lead to Nylander being the one wasted though. Maybe Matthews creates enough room in the high slot that it's not a waste?
Yeah, it's a difficult problem. Kadri has historically been terrific in that spot, so if you move him out then you are hard pressed to match it. I don't think Willy can. He's not as good in opening space and finding scoring spots without the puck as Kadri. So then you have him on the left with Matthews in the middle? What if Matthews, our best offensive player, is then not getting a whole lot of puck?

My answer would be a hybrid solution. Go with two units, let some players play on both.

sessiroth

Jan 21, 2010
Toronto Ont.
Once Hyman is healthy, I'd like to keep Moore on the team on the 4th line. Great energy guy. So does Gauthier or Lindholm sit? Both can play center

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
I have to agree on this. You look at him during the start of the year (shooting % or not) his body language, shooting, skating, just everything looks off.

g.
He was never the same last year after hurting his back...and this year's shoulder injury didn't stop him from from being great when he came back.
But since he got knocked into the boards.he's been off.
Could it be his back again?

Anyway it is a serious concern when your star player can't seem to stay healthy.

Reactions: DanM and ULF_55

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
They need a righty to go where Kadri is aka Kapanen. Gives Marner a one time option there or Tavares one if Marner passes it down to him.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
This game had "put on a show" written all over it.

Really getting tired of the show business at home.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Yeah, it's a difficult problem. Kadri has historically been terrific in that spot, so if you move him out then you are hard pressed to match it. I don't think Willy can. He's not as good in opening space and finding scoring spots without the puck as Kadri. So then you have him on the left with Matthews in the middle? What if Matthews, our best offensive player, is then not getting a whole lot of puck?

My answer would be a hybrid solution. Go with two units, let some players play on both.

Maybe put Nylander where Matthews is, put Matthews where Tavares is and put Tavares where Kadri is? Matthews is great and controlling the puck, Tavares creates more space and Nylander uses his shot the way Matthews does when he gets open?

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
All great coaches in all sports have huge ego's because they do it there way. Try and tell a Scotty Bowman, bill bellicch how to coach, good luck with that lol

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Once Hyman is healthy, I'd like to keep Moore on the team on the 4th line. Great energy guy. So does Gauthier or Lindholm sit? Both can play center

I've said the Goat wass washed up before but I've really like his play since he was slotted back into the lineup. I don't think he should sit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad